Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not talking about part-time, I am talking permanently. It is become harder and harder for me to do them in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I became a vBookie to help you guys, but as you can see I was not as good as most of you in keeping up with it.

In all honesty, there's way too much work for way too little gain.

It really takes a lot of time and effort to put up a days worth of vBookies.

Weasel, I think you've done an amazing job and still cannot believe that anyone can/has last(ed) this long. But vBookie is really not a one man job and requires a lot more man power to be done. It'll need to be reconstructed.

We can, of course, keep adding vBookies, but as time goes on we'll just keep dropping like flies, the work load is too much to keep up with.

I have two ideas that should help:

1st) We make one thread for a whole day's worth of games. This means that 10 PM (EST) games will close at the earliest game time (usually around 7 PM, Sunday we can worry about later). We try to put it up the night before so everyone gets a chance to bet in the morning, afternoon or any time before the first game of the day is played.

2nd) Give all mods vBookie power. With this we'd get rid of the vBookie forum and have vBookie game threads. Most people don't bet on all the games (except truebluefan who votes just to show his appreciating of our work, thanks tbf) and only bet on their favorite teams. With this, we will see people go across forums browse, bet and even post as they see a topic or two that they like and put their own opinions in. I believe this would be a win win for both, the people that do bet and the people that take their time to make the bets as they'll see an increase in the forums traffic.

My two cents...

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
^ i like #2 but it will be difficult for sports where every team doesnt have a mod. like air fly is doing soccer, baseball and football are the same way, and college basketball would be bad as well. maybe this should be brought up in the main forum so we can get more input.

and this seems like as good of a place as any to post i dont think i will be making college bball games for the next week or so. ive gotten behind in school and its really stressful, and any time i have been spending on this site is trying to unwind while taking a break. putting up lines for 20-40 games isnt unwinding. and know there is one guy who offered to make vbookie events, would it be possible to give the power to make vbookie events without making them a mod. like if editing and creating vbookie threads was their only power.

i could do nba games instead of college games since more people bet on this if need be. it would be easier for me since the nba can never have more than 15 games.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#2 is flawed though. NBA lines come up the night (8-10pm pacific) or sometimes in the morning on game day. I like to have game threads up at least the day before or 2 days before so that posters can type their thoughts. For example I believe the Laker/Heat Christmas game thread was made several days in advance.

Hopefully someone can help around with the games. I didn't have the time today to put up all the games that didn't have lines last night.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Weasel said:
#2 is flawed though. NBA lines come up the night (8-10pm pacific) or sometimes in the morning on game day. I like to have game threads up at least the day before or 2 days before so that posters can type their thoughts. For example I believe the Laker/Heat Christmas game thread was made several days in advance.

Hopefully someone can help around with the games. I didn't have the time today to put up all the games that didn't have lines last night.
We could always make a seperate thread, or link it to the other forum that makes the thread at the time when the line is up?

Is it possible to make a vBookie thread and close it?

So that when we get the lines we can edit them and re-open the betting part.

·
18,849 Posts
aquaitious said:
We could always make a seperate thread, or link it to the other forum that makes the thread at the time when the line is up?

Is it possible to make a vBookie thread and close it?

So that when we get the lines we can edit them and re-open the betting part.
yeah, you could just put up a vbookie event and put the closing time before it was created and reopen it later. or if someone else makes a thread first, you could make a vbookie thread and merge the other one into it.

·
18,849 Posts
i actually was going to ask if i could get the power to merge threads or edit threads to add vbookie events in the rockets forum so i could mess around with adding vbookie events to game threads. if i could just have one of those 2 powers, thats all i would need. i dont need to be a full out mod of the forum since there would be no point since no one really makes trouble there and mr rogers and yao mania can moderate it on their own.

to vbookie who mod nba forums, if you want, use the url http://basketballboards.net/forum/vbookie.php?t=242157&vbookieeventoptions=0&do=newevent
and substitute 242157 with whatever the thread number is and you can add a vbookie event to it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts