Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard little about this guy. If anyone can give me information on his past, or send me to a site that has a bio or something on him i'd appreciate it.
THanks
bmckay

·
Registered
30 Posts
Leon Smith

former 1st round picks of the Mavs out of High School had depression and attempted suicid3. Never signed with them. Bounced around minors and landed with hawks, traded to Beertown

·
Registered
28 Posts
averaged like 20 boards in CBA last year. I saw him play a couple times. It looked like he wasnt even close to trying and he dominated the game. You didnt even know it until the game was over and he ended up having 30pts and 20 boards.
If he gets an oppertunity i think he will end up bein a good player in the league

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
???

im not sure what that article says but i saw him play for the hawks hes long and got some talent..
he might have bipolar or some disease
he popped in like 250 advils and dressedup as an idian

·
Registered
741 Posts
insidehoops.com said it short and sweet, something like "extremely talented, but extremely nuts"

I think teams dont wanna have someone who may have real emotional problems, but if he's on medication and is doing better in his head, he could be a good player

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by <b>onetwo88</b>!
insidehoops.com said it short and sweet, something like "extremely talented, but extremely nuts"

I think teams dont wanna have someone who may have real emotional problems, but if he's on medication and is doing better in his head, he could be a good player
Leon Smith was included in the trade as filler, to even out the salaries, to make the trade work under the cap. His future in the NBA is as a dude sitting on the end of the bench until his contract is up, that's it. He won't touch the floor for Milwaukee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leon Smith

Leon declared for the draft out of high school in Chicago. He lived in an orphanage here and it seems that he has never had any kind of guidance and has gotten off on wrong foot in his career. He refused to run sprints during one of his first practices with the Mavericks, who took a flyer on him in draft, and now he is on his third NBA team. Rumor has it he is so out of shape he might not make the Bucks team at all.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
He's got some athleticism with no real post moves. Last season with Atlanta, the coaching staff kepty saying that he was a good citizen and all and was a good learner, and was making the practices. But then this summer he just went back to Chicago and didn't report back to train/practice in the off-season with the team.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
He tried to commit suicide his rookie year. A lil' off his rocker and supposively extremely out of shape. So out of shape Lon Kruger and Babcock wouldn't allow him to play for the Hawks summer team.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts