Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
#ShutUp

Whether they get in or not, they're going to get crushed because they suck, so who cares?

How far can the Nets go in the playoffs?

Posted on March 25, 2015 by georgebkn

Brooklyn Nets vs Milwaukee Bucks

With the Nets only one and a half game out of the final playoff spot, there is still hope for what has been a disappointing season for Brooklyn.

Currently, the Brooklyn Nets (29-40) are in 11th place in the Eastern Conference, with 13 games remaining in the season. In their next five match-ups, the Nets only play one team with a winning record, the Cleveland Cavaliers. If the Nets can take advantage of their upcoming schedule, they should have no trouble getting back to the 7th or 8th seed in the Eastern Conference.

If the Nets make it to the playoffs, how far can they go?

It might sound cruel to Nets fans, but if the Nets make the playoffs as the eight seed and face the Atlanta Hawks, they do not stand a chance. The Hawks are a fundamentally better basketball team that spreads the floor well and isn’t reliant on one player for their scoring. Although there is a chance the Nets could win one or two games, I think the Hawks would likely sweep the Nets in a playoff series.

But what if the Nets are able to finish the in the seventh seed? Well, its not exactly realistic, but at the same time its not impossible. If the Nets start playing like the team who beat the Warriors a few weeks back at the Barclay Center, they should have no trouble climbing up the standings in the Eastern Conferences. Earning the seventh seed would mean facing LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round. Although the Cavaliers have a plethora of talent and have been playing as of late, they lack on thing: playoff experience. Since LeBron is the only player in Cavaliers’ starting five that has playoff experience, the Nets’ playoff experience may help the team get past the Cavaliers in the post-season. Realistically, I don’t see the Nets winning more than one or two games against the Cavaliers.

It may seem pretty obvious, but the truth is that the furthest that the Brooklyn Nets can go is to the second round, which is still highly unlikely. Right now, Brooklyn desperately needs to win as many games as possible and stay healthy. Otherwise, the Nets might even have trouble earning a position in the playoffs, let alone surviving it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I believe that the Nets will make the playoffs and can you guys stop being so negative towards the Nets. Nets have been starting to play a lot better since they erased the 5 game losing streak. Nets have won 5 of their last 7 games which includes an important win against the Pacers after a triple overtime win to the Bucks and a very important win against the Hornets last night which pushed the Nets to 10th and the Charlotte Hornets to 11th. Lopez has been playing better and averages 20-30 something points a game and he dropped 34 last night VS the Hornets. Also Thaddeus Young has helped out for the Nets along with Williams. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FAITH IN THE NETS AND THEY WILL MOVE TO THE PLAYOFFS AND HOPEFULLY GET FARTHER THAN LAST SEASON!

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
This post could only mean one thing.

ATLien can see the future. In the future, the Nets will upset the Hawks in the first round of the playoffs. ATLien is pissed about it and is taking out his frustration on the OP.

·
Registered
224 Posts
"This post could only mean one thing. ATLien can see the future. In the future, the Nets will upset the Hawks in the first round of the playoffs. ATLien is pissed about it and is taking out his frustration on the OP."

Good point there. It would be great to see the Nets defeat the Hawks and then move on to the semifinals where the Nets will take on either the Raptors or the Wizards and if they win then they would most likely versus the Caveliers in the Conference Finals and if Nets are lucky enough to slip through then they will most likely take on the Warriors in the finals which hopefully they figure out to try and win.

·
8,475 Posts
"This post could only mean one thing. ATLien can see the future. In the future, the Nets will upset the Hawks in the first round of the playoffs. ATLien is pissed about it and is taking out his frustration on the OP."

Good point there. It would be great to see the Nets defeat the Hawks and then move on to the semifinals where the Nets will take on either the Raptors or the Wizards and if they win then they would most likely versus the Caveliers in the Conference Finals and if Nets are lucky enough to slip through then they will most likely take on the Warriors in the finals which hopefully they figure out to try and win.
GNG is upset because Lionel Hollins coaches the Nets and he is a Grizzlies fan.
You do realize that I was kidding, right?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Only the Heat n Pacers with Paul George make the 7th n 8th seed interesting at all.

·
8,475 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
GNG is upset because Lionel Hollins coaches the Nets and he is a Grizzlies fan.
And how the team is still winning 50+ games a year and has the third-best record in the NBA this season?

Yeah, I'm really seething over here, POKEGAMERZ.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Also Pacers lost to the Jabari Parkerless Bucks last night so don't even try to say that Nets won't make because a win tonight might bring them to 8th so we have to wait and see.

·
Registered
224 Posts
HA! Nets beat the Caveliers and are making the playoffs. This caused the Nets to move the Pacers to 10th and Hornets are still 11th for losing to the Wizards. I believe that U watched this Xxirving and saw King James surrender to the Nets which means Nets will make the playoffs so don't try and say that they're not.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
This post could only mean one thing.

ATLien can see the future. In the future, the Nets will upset the Hawks in the first round of the playoffs. ATLien is pissed about it and is taking out his frustration on the OP.
It actually means that he has dreams of Karlito Towns dancing on his shoulders, and ending up with his team drafting 15th is going to be a huge letdown.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts