Lakers have this schedule remaining:

6 at Denver
7 at Phoenix
9 vs. Los Angeles
11 vs. Golden State
14 vs. Portland
16 vs. Phoenix
19 vs. New Orleans

I don't think it's that far out of reach, although it does fall almost entirely into the hands of the Clippers. 7 of their final 10 games are against playoff teams in the west though, and a 3-7 record in those final 10 games isn't impossible given the strength of opponents and the back to backs.

A 3-7 record puts them at 45-37 on the season. The Lakers can finish 6-2 (which looks about right looking at their remaining schedule) and also win 45 games.

It might be close, it might not. It's something to keep an eye on though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's a possibility, but I would say that the Lakers finish behind the Clippers for the 2nd time in a row.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,412 Posts
Cris said:
no and i rather not catch the clippers
Well, if we were in front of the Clippers, that would mean that Memphis would be #5 and we'd be #6.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think by the end of the regular season, the gap between these two teams would be reduced, probably Clippers would still be two games in front of Lakers. But I really don't think Lakers would surpass Clippers. But number five and number seven is not that much of a difference is it? Against Dallas or against Pheonix seems very close to me. Unless Lakers could capture number six seat against Denver.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
no i doubt it... but we are a better team than them and it is unfortunate that we are so incconsistent...

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clippers came up big in the last two games. Beating the Suns on the road on a back end of a back to back is very tough.

Highly unlikely now that the Lakers catch them. On the bright side, the Suns are looking like an easier opponent than Denver nowadays. You have to wonder what the hell is going on in Phoenix. Maybe the whole Amare situation has put a damper on the team's hopes.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Clippers came up big in the last two games. Beating the Suns on the road on a back end of a back to back is very tough.

Highly unlikely now that the Lakers catch them. On the bright side, the Suns are looking like an easier opponent than Denver nowadays. You have to wonder what the hell is going on in Phoenix. Maybe the whole Amare situation has put a damper on the team's hopes.
Even without Amare and K Thomas.. I dont know about that..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.