Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, in a nutshell I look at it like this:

Southern Illinois plays some pretty smart basketball. And they’re balanced enough to where they don’t need to depend on outside shooting to win, IMO….I think the frontcourts are a wash, with the advantage of athleticism and frontcourt scoring only slightly going to Oklahoma State……

Where Oklahoma State is most vulnerable, IMO, is when they’re overmatched by bigger, more physical opponents. That’s NOT Southern Illinois, IMO.

IMO, Brooks’s defense will be key, not only because of the affect it has on Lucas’s game, but also because of the effect it will have on the ENERGY that Brooks expends in doing so. That’s why the real key, IMO, is JamesOn Curry. Great story this year, here’s his chance to really shine….and I think he will.

I took Oklahoma State to beat Southern Illinois in my bracket.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Middy said:
No, because they'll never have the chance to.

St. Mary's over SIU.
Yeah, I almost took St. Mary’s over Southern Illinois, also…but my familiarity (read: homer) with the MVC has me stick by the Salukis...lol...

I saw St. Mary’s go into three overtimes with SAN FRANCISCO…..Southern Illinois should get the win, IMO.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well I picked St. Mary's over Oklahoma State. Do I think it will happen, No, but I think there's a small chance, and I've got Arizona beating St. Mary's in the next round (In real life, beating Oklahoma State most likely) so I'm going out on a limb and maybe I'll get lucky.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I got Oklahoma State to the Final Four so to answer the original question, NO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts