Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gonna be either Heat or Wiz...Shaq's out for a while and it'll take a while for that has-been to get back in playing and talking shape so the Wiz have a great opportunity this year. The Wiz blew out the Spurs the other night showing they are for real. Who will win the southeast?

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa... so Shaq is a "has-been" now? I think not... Please remember that last season he scored 23 ppg at 60%. Yea...
I agree that the Wizards are for real, but I don't see any way that they get more wins than the Heat in the long run. Miami is just too powerful, too deep, too good for that to happen. 4-3 is a pretty damned good record for not having the Big Daddy.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Whoah its not the first time the Wizards have been #1 in southeast, they did it also early last year when the Heat tried to figured how to play with each other much like this year.

If they maintain their spot until January then i can see them winning for sure.

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
BTW, saying shaq is a has-been is the most funniest thing ive read in awhile.lol
must you call him a "has-been" with so much hatred?! lol

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Only if Shaq is out for a long time IMO AND the Wizards continue their winning. The Wizards also have to show that they can beat good teams on the road, who begin a road trip against the Cavs on Tuesday. Larry Hughes against his former team will be an interesting matchup

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
even if shaq doesnt play another game this season the heat are still better than the wizards

wade>>>>>>>wizards

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Shaq is key to Miami winning the divison. If Shaq comes back in the next few weeks then it would be no problem for Miami to walk away with the division. The longer Shaq is out the bigger the lead could be. I doubt the Wizards get the luck needed to pull this one off.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Iron Man said:
HELL NO!!!

Wade has already proven that he can beat the Wiz all by himself!

Arenas runs his mouth and Wade smacks him every time!:biggrin:
Not that I think the Wizards have much chance of taking the division, but I'm not sure I understand your point. Wade and Miami could sweep the Wizards this year, but the only reason that'd be a factor in determining who wins the division is if the teams finish with equal records and they need to go to a tiebreaker. Otherwise, head-to-head results mean nothing.

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
Heat w/o shaq will let the Wizards take it, if this is not the case, Heat will win

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

Could they? Yes. They've got a lot of scoring punch just like Phoenix last year though not quite as much. But I don't expect them to.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
If Miami is hampered by long term injuries all year, then yes...possibly. Otherwise, no. I see Arenas & Company going far though, at least as far as the standings go. Definitely at least a 2nd place finish in their division.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
MJG said:
Not that I think the Wizards have much chance of taking the division, but I'm not sure I understand your point. Wade and Miami could sweep the Wizards this year, but the only reason that'd be a factor in determining who wins the division is if the teams finish with equal records and they need to go to a tiebreaker. Otherwise, head-to-head results mean nothing.
I know that dude.

Hell no was my response to the idiotic question!

The rest of the post was fun facts!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts