Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Bogut is as good as they say, then he should be able to singlehandedly take his team to victory against Oklahoma, which hasn't really impressed me. An individual player can change the game so much on the college level.

I say they can.

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
I guess that are capable of doing it, but I think Bookout and Gray will be able to slow Bogut down enough for OU to win.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
They are most defenitly capable of beating them. Utah has to be carried by Bogut wherever they go though...

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
rwj333 said:
If Bogut is as good as they say, then he should be able to singlehandedly take his team to victory against Oklahoma, which hasn't really impressed me. An individual player can change the game so much on the college level.

I say they can.
utah is terrible at handling the ball. in the college game the guards are more important than the big men. shaq never went anywhere in the tournament for that exact reason. scouts seem to think bogut is "as good as they say", thats all that counts.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
The NCAA tournament is a guards game. Danny Manning was the last big man to carry a team to a championship.

The adjustment Utah made to run the offense through Bogut from the top of the key has been great. He is an amazing passer and has changed the game.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Sooners need to get out and run in the second half. I remember that OSU game and they were out on the break almost every 15 seconds. I say keep Bogut out of the paint, but let him try to beat you with a contested mid range jump shot. I could see OU comming out in some kind of a zone, maybe a 2-3 with Grey in the Hakim Warrick position. Forget about the press and make these jokers beat you with their half court offense. I think OU is a really athletic and good team that can make the Final Four.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
It's amazing to me that such a good player could be surrounded by such crap. I mean it's very hard for the Utah players just to dribble the ball, let alone pass it. But somehow Bogut has them out there beating Oklahoma.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rainman said:
utah is terrible at handling the ball. in the college game the guards are more important than the big men. shaq never went anywhere in the tournament for that exact reason. scouts seem to think bogut is "as good as they say", thats all that counts.
What about Okafor?

Being a guard or bigman doesn't matter. Carmelo led Syracuse as practically a power forward on the college level.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I just got switched to the Boston College game. :curse:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts