Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay they have already beaten a dangerous UTEP team, and a pretty good Oklahoma team. Their road to the Final Four now goes probably between the 1 and 2 seeds in the bracket. I think they could beat Kentucky but I'm not sure about Duke. I think it would really great if they made it to the Final Four, and they sure have the easiest path of a 6 seed to the Final Four.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
It's possible especially if the guards played like they did today. Bogut demands so much attention in the middle that it leaves the guards literally wide open.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Well, it depends on all their roleplayers. If they continue to play like they did today, I'd say Utah has a chance

Also, I PRAY that they do. More Bogut coverage for me :banana:

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Its a possibility if they continue to get great guard play.....

·
Registered
653 Posts
If Bogut can continue to adjust to different teams... the guy was double teamed and still made a huge impact in both games... then, yes. UTEP had to triple team him to shut him down.

I think they'd match up better against Cinci than UK, because the Wildcats have a big guy of thier own.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Im high on Bogut and he proved today that he can impact the game positively without scoring with all those assists and rebounds. If the guards step up they could go to the Final Four.

If they end up playing UK though it will be tougher than Duke IMO. Duke has no depth in the frontcourt. UK has Morris, Hayes, Alleyne, Orbzut that they can throw at Bogut.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I would like to see it just because I don't feel like Utah got much respect coming in.

But Kentucky and Duke might just have too much for Utah to overcome. Utah commits too many turnovers just bringing the ball up the court. And I think they would be susceptible to a good offensive team.

Oklahoma was really overrated.

I hope it happens though. I think Bogut is the best player in the tourney. I didn't get to see Danny Manning in college, but Bogut getting Utah to the final four would be comparable I would think.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I would love to see it, the elite 8 is more of a realistic prospect though, and would be a great result (seeing they were ranked 16th in the nation at the end of the nation).

However, if Markson and Hawkins can slash like they did against Oklahoma, and Mark Jackson can nail the three - anything can happen. What this Oklahoma did for the Utes is greatly beneficial. It goes to show you can't just focus on shutting down Bogut and expect to win. The rest of the competition will take note, and it could open up more room for Bogut.

<marquee>I heart Bizzy Ripsta</marquee>

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well, during a five-six year stretch, the only team to beat the Utes in the tournament was Kentucky. That includes the '98 title game.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Possibly, but don't count on it. OU kept it within 10 while playing their worst game of the year and shooting 32 % from the floor. Only reason I say possibly is because I don't think Duke's that good at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts