Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have Lindsey Hunter and Chris Jeffries as new players.....and we have a core of Vince, AD, Mo Pete, JYD, Alvin, Hakeem, Bradley, Keon, Mamadou, JJ, Montross...

can this team do something next year? If they continue to improve I think they can be a top 4 team in the East. But in my opinion there is a piece of the puzzle still missing for this team. the dreaded 2nd option. Who will be able to fill it?

What happens if we can't reach an agreement with Keon? I am gettin scared cuz we overpaid our players last year, and I think it will hurt us. Where do u see us ranking in next season?

im gonna predict a 4th place finish with the team we have. hopefully we can get something more done, cuz i wanna make it to the finals

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Vinsanity
why wouldnt u be looking forward to a new b-ball season
i am looking forward....but im kinda anxious and nervous to see how the raps do.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Vinsanity, please try to explain your thinking in your posts, not just blurting out phrases. That is called post padding, and we don't appreciate it.

Back on topic. Yes, I think we can look forward to next season. Vince has publically said there will be hell to pay for all those haters this year, and I think Alvin will be fully healed and back to 2001-form, too. With everyone healthy and Keon back, this team could easily win 50 games next season in my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got to see Jefferies when he was at Ark. He was probly better than Joe Johnson. Then he had some "differances" with Nolan "Nowin" Richardson and transferred.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lenny don't play rookies. It would have been nice to see Bradley get some more PT last season so we'd know what he can do beside keeping a chair warm. Get used to DNP coach's decision beside Jefferies name on the score sheet

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Da_Funk
Lenny don't play rookies. It would have been nice to see Bradley get some more PT last season so we'd know what he can do beside keeping a chair warm. Get used to DNP coach's decision beside Jefferies name on the score sheet
have you heard of jefferies ever playing defense? Well you know now that he does. Something the raps definately need at SG and at SF which are the 2 main position jefferies plays. We need a defensive stopper on this team, and because of his defense alone, he will easily get some decent minutes off the bench....

·
Registered
3 Posts
The main reason I liked the trade with the Lakers was that we got Jefferies. The Raps have needed a defensive stopper like him for awhile. It woulda been cool if the Raptors got Jefferson last year he's the same kinda player. I'm a little worried about Jefferies offensive game. I read his PPG was under 15 for Fresno last year.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Originally posted by Da_Funk
The main reason I liked the trade with the Lakers was that we got Jefferies. The Raps have needed a defensive stopper like him for awhile. It woulda been cool if the Raptors got Jefferson last year he's the same kinda player. I'm a little worried about Jefferies offensive game. I read his PPG was under 15 for Fresno last year.
There is no need to worry, he averaged 17 ppg and he had teammate Melvin Ely scoring too. Here are Frenso States stats.

http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/col/col/team/FAR9900stats.html

The FT % concerns me a little. He's like JYD with range.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I think Jeffries is a much better distributor than Jefferson, maybe Rich wasn't allow his talent to display but Jeffries can be our second option if he can gives us 18-19 points a game as a creator.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
I think Jeffries is a much better distributor than Jefferson, maybe Rich wasn't allow his talent to display but Jeffries can be our second option if he can gives us 18-19 points a game as a creator.
That would be great but I highly doubt it will happen this year. Maybe in a few years, but definately not this year.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I really want to see Vince score a bit less and create a bit more. Because after he went down, everyone created for everyone and it was like a real team, but before it was like he would do his own thing, and everyone else would fill in the holes. We have to get VInce tapes of Jordan around the time when he went from a guy who just scored to a guy who made others better...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts