Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im hoping we can steal one against them and id love to see Nate out coach Cheeks. Im sure Cheeks wants a win just as bad. I would love to see "his old team" go into philly and steal one.

What worries me is I dont think we can keep up with all their scoring. If AI scores 30 we are dead.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
If AI scores 30 it's fine as long as the rest of his team only scores 50. I think we have a chance to beat Philly, heck I think any team Portland faces that is .500 or under , they have a legit shot as long as they show up and play.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I am not worried about Iverson, it's Webber that has me worried. Portland just needs to play team ball and they should be fine!

·
Banned
765 Posts
I hope Dixon can defend Iveson well. Iverson seems to be just the kind of player he'd be good at guarding. I'd also like to see Telfair go one on one with Iverson!! Who's the quicker?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Sure they can beat Philly. Or they can stink. Stay tuned!

I go into every game thinking/hoping we can win/steal one. I just hope Telfair is healthy so he can use his quickness. I'm looking forward to seeing how Telfair and Jack do guarding him (AI). It will be a good experience for our guys.

I don't know if we can stop Webber, but can they stop Zach or Miles? Is Webber taking it to the basket these days, where our dynamic center duo can affect his shots? If we make Webber work and do a resonable job staying in front of AI, I think we've got a good shot.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
CelticPagan said:
I hope Dixon can defend Iveson well. Iverson seems to be just the kind of player he'd be good at guarding. I'd also like to see Telfair go one on one with Iverson!! Who's the quicker?
It's more important for the team to have good ball movement, and smart defense than Telfair giong "one on one" with Iverson. He's not ready for that yet, and it's a detriment to the team (right now).

They need strong games from Miles and Zach, and team defense and cohesiveness.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Blazer Bert said:
Sure they can beat Philly. Or they can stink. Stay tuned!

I go into every game thinking/hoping we can win/steal one. I just hope Telfair is healthy so he can use his quickness. I'm looking forward to seeing how Telfair and Jack do guarding him (AI). It will be a good experience for our guys.

I don't know if we can stop Webber, but can they stop Zach or Miles? Is Webber taking it to the basket these days, where our dynamic center duo can affect his shots? If we make Webber work and do a resonable job staying in front of AI, I think we've got a good shot.
I just go into evey game hoping they play hard...that's my only expectaition for any game for this team. If they play hard they'll compete, if they flounder, they'll lose.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I just hope they can be close late in the game. I like our odds with Nate making critical coaching decisions versus Mo.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
On a side note, I'm curious about the Miles/Mo reunion. OTOH, didn't Mo and Darius go out to eat over the summer, "kiss, and make up"?

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
ABM said:
On a side note, I'm curious about the Miles/Mo reunion. OTOH, didn't Mo and Darius go out to eat over the summer, "kiss, and make up"?
Well it's not like Daruis to kiss and tell so we may never know! :D

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
ABM said:
Yeah he mentioned that in a Q & A with Quick that ran in the St. Louis Dispatch recently.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
tlong said:
I just hope they can be close late in the game. I like our odds with Nate making critical coaching decisions versus Mo.
Quoted for truth.

Then again, who needs Mo's coaching when it's close late in the game? We all know who's getting the ball for Philly, so it's just a matter of Nate's emphasis on defense if and when AI gets the ball in that situation.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised if Ai goes off for 49-50.Bassy can't keep up with him.I would like to see Jack guard him.It would be nice to win they only have Ai,Webber,Maybe iqoudala.We have Z-bo,Miles,Pryzbilla,Theo which would get lots of boards and blocks but maybe not.I would like us to win but Ai gets 50 points because he's on my fantasy team.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
[SARCASM]No, we can't beat Philly tomorrow night... because someone has already guaranteed us that we wouldn't be winning any more than 5 games this season. And, of course, we've already won those 5 games... so there just isn't any more room for another W'. 70 more games remaining, all of them have to be losses at this point. Sorry... ![/SARCASM]

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
CanJohno said:
[SARCASM]No, we can't beat Philly tomorrow night... because someone has already guaranteed us that we wouldn't be winning any more than 5 games this season. And, of course, we've already won those 5 games... so there just isn't any more room for another W'. 70 more games remaining, all of them have to be losses at this point. Sorry... ![/SARCASM]
Interesting, who was that that said that? hmmmmmm :D

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Zidane said:
I wouldn't be suprised if Ai goes off for 49-50.Bassy can't keep up with him.I would like to see Jack guard him.It would be nice to win they only have Ai,Webber,Maybe iqoudala.We have Z-bo,Miles,Pryzbilla,Theo which would get lots of boards and blocks but maybe not.I would like us to win but Ai gets 50 points because he's on my fantasy team.
Man if there is anyone in the league who can keep up with AI in terms of quicks its Bassy.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I think Webster and Monia need to have good games to win.
If we move the ball and ourselves we can win this game.

AI can get hot from outside though, then he is really tough.
I have seen Webber in a couple of games and he is shooting mostly form outside, like 15 - 18ft. Of course so is Zack. This ought to be interesting.

gatopops

1 - 19 of 19 Posts