Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently we are 34-34, Nuggets are 36-30. We are 3 games back.
Last week I predicted we would both end up 44-38 with Minn winning the tiebreaker. That prediction is not looking so hot now. Denver is pretty much blowing away teams on a nightly basis, while we are scrapping and clawing for each victory.
I now see the Nuggets going 10-6 over their last games. It doesn't help that the Lakers have gone in the tank and Duncan is most likely gone for the rest of the year. Those were 2 potential losses for the Nuggs.
This means we have to go 12-2 (yeah, right) But, if we take care of business at home (7 wins) and win at NJ,LAL,ATL,UT,NO we could still lose at PHX and SAC.
4 of our home games should be easy wins, with DEN,SEA,SA being tough games, but winnable, especially if Duncan is still out.

Overall we need to step it up big time, because I don't think Denver is going to fall apart. This next 4 game stretch for us, we have to go 4-0, if not, then we can pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye.

·
Registered
50 Posts
First hi @ all (especially those who also suffer along with the Wolves)!

I'm starting to loose my hope that Denver could be catched this Season. The way they rally passed the wiz really made me much less confident. The key is to beat Denver at home and hope that the Nuggets only go 9-7 or even 8-8. Then everything is possible....

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
Minnesota has to get on a hot streak like Denver did and run off 6-7 games in a row. Other than that, I don't see how Minny coud get in.
Exactly. The Nuggets made their move up the standings by winning lots of consecutive games. At this point in the season with only 14 more games left for the Minnesota, I don't believe winning 6 out of 10 is going to get it done (I chose that number because that is the record for the last 10 games).

As a Nuggets fan, I'm still very worried about the Timberwolves, especially with Cassell back, but other than updating my playoff countdown, I'm not really scoreboard watching any more.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
To catch the Nuggets, Minnesota has to do a whole lotta winning and Denver has to start losing some games. Not impossible, but its looking rather unlikely now.

G-Force

1 - 5 of 5 Posts