Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We almost beat Detroit last year and they haven't changed all that much. If we pick up the 7th seed (it is a big if, but I'm hopeful), what do you think about our team this year as opposed to last year?

A lot will depend on how Krstic can match up with B. Wallace, but if RJ's back and Vince is just as explosive, we have a shot, I think.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I hope RJ can get some time on the floor with Krstic-Collin-Carter-Kidd. If so, it would be like we traded off KMart and Kittles for Krstic and Carter, a trade I would make every day of the week... I think it comes down to how fast we can get RJ back into the swing of things.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Petey said:
I hope RJ can get some time on the floor with Krstic-Collin-Carter-Kidd. If so, it would be like we traded off KMart and Kittles for Krstic and Carter, a trade I would make every day of the week... I think it comes down to how fast we can get RJ back into the swing of things.

-Petey
If this happens, Carter can handle the scoring load until RJ feels he can contribute his 22ppg. I think he's in shape but it will take a while for him to get the shooting touch. Remember, he was playing his best bball before that bum Billups hacked him. Then he went out there with a damaged wrist, and was still doing what he could. So what I expect when he first comes back? Look at those 8 games after the Pistons game.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I think if we can contain Rip, we'll have a good chance. One of the reasons I thought we lost last year is because we would go on really long offensive droughts, and with Carter that hasn't happened as much. Plus, with RJ back he could take a lot of pressure of Carter/Kidd by getting easy buckets at the line.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
NJ Grand NJ said:
I think if we can contain Rip, we'll have a good chance. One of the reasons I thought we lost last year is because we would go on really long offensive droughts, and with Carter that hasn't happened as much. Plus, with RJ back he could take a lot of pressure of Carter/Kidd by getting easy buckets at the line.
We didn't have anyone who we could go to for consistent points. RJ was close but he wasn't at the level he was pre-injury. Getting 2 more offensive players in Carter and Krstic are a plus for us. Adding RJ makes us have 2 half court players while we can still run.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Petey said:

-Petey
Wow I never thought of it that way, that's a good spin on it.

Back when the Nets played the Pistons in that playoff series, the Nets were mostly a running team, and that clashed with the Pistons. This season, the Nets can compete with them on a halfcourt level (usual playoff style anyways) and run when needed. Definitely winnable series because of this alone.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I would love to see us matched up against Detroit, w/ RJ back in tow. That would be amazing, because I think we still match up well w/ Detroit, and I know our players aren't intimidated by them in the least. If we were able to win it would be the sweetest victory imaginable. I don't know what has gone on on these forums, but on MLive and NJ.com, there has been much smack bandied back and forth, and to get those guys when we're supposed to be down and they're the defending champs would be ****ING PRICELESS!!!!

-editted to include the appropriate level of profanity

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
I would love to see us matched up against Detroit, w/ RJ back in tow. That would be amazing, because I think we still match up well w/ Detroit, and I know our players aren't intimidated by them in the least. If we were able to win it would be the sweetest victory imaginable. I don't know what has gone on on these forums, but on MLive and NJ.com, there has been much smack bandied back and forth, and to get those guys when we're supposed to be down and they're the defending champs would be PRICELESS!!!!
Just little, not much.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
We can take the Pistons, but it will take 3 scorers. VC, Kidd and Krstic. Anyone else is icing on the cake. IT will be a physical series, we proved we can play with them earlier this year. But it will take a perfect game, stay out of foul trouble, attack the boards and run the half court offense. Don't know the RJ status, but if back, he will help playmake, take the load off Kidd, we can't count on him to score. The saying use to be anything can happen in a 5 game series....now it's anything can happen in a 7 game series. You never know until you play it, but the Pistons are like that big bad wolf you shouldn't wake up....until it's too late. After we manhandled them at home this year, they rattled off what 8-9 in a row.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
CJ said:
You guys are out of your mind.
I think we are still all excited about Jabari Smith. :D

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
I can almost smell the fear over the internet. lol.
Oh, time to clean the office SeaNet, the internet doesn't offer interactive smells yet... LOL

-Petey

Reactions: SeaNet

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Let's just say we have EXTREMELY low chances. We have no depth and no front-court and our Ben Wallace-matchup is a young european rookie. Our Backcourt can somehow match with the Pistons', but our frontcourt is a good joke compared to their frontcourt.
NJ: Krstic, Collins, Scalabrine, Jabari, Cliff
Detroit: Ben, Sheed, Mcdyess, Darko, Campbell

We'll be lucky if we could carry the serious to 6 games.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i think we have a very nice chance . we did well against them this season and think we can bring it to them and win but it will be very hard but it isnt impossible at all we defenitly have a chance

1 - 20 of 21 Posts