Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably not, since they both make too much money for any team to take on.Just like their team !! Not one of these players is tradeable because nobody wants a high priced scrub!!

Kupchak has succeeded in build a team with no marketability. PF who doesn't rebound (Cook), Slava and George have been in this offense their whole pro career and still don't know it !!

Kwame does nothing at all but waste time. Odom = 4 Shot attempts ??? Looks like Smush is a worse version of Atkins: Scary, worried about what Kobe might say instead of playing ball. Whoever heard of a shooter passing up wide open shots ???

Phil Jackson has the nerve to complain that the ball does not go inside. To whom??? Kwame?? Can't give it to Bynum because he is nailed to the bench. Mihm plays his heart out and plays hurt. He won't put Lamar in the post ! He is the coach of this team, if the ball doesn't go where he wants it to, start benching and cutting people until it does!! Very simple. But, first he would have to wake up and watch a game.

I would take Kobe out and give Lamar the ball every single play in the second quarter. If he can't do anything then he must be a bust!!

I know Fatso was hard to trade but, this is another year removed. Notice that every new FA is a shooting guard or forward?? What is the ultimate plan of this team ? Does anyone have a clue ??

Rant over :curse:

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
The thing i dont like about Phil is he complains about we didnt give Kwame or Chris enough touches, Your the coach!!! You tell your team to give it to them damn what kind of **** is that the players are the ones who listen to him not the other way around.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lakermike05 said:
The thing i dont like about Phil is he complains about we didnt give Kwame or Chris enough touches, Your the coach!!! You tell your team to give it to them damn what kind of **** is that the players are the ones who listen to him not the other way around.
That is exactly what I mean. It is like "If we can't learn my special triangle, I am not going to put any effort into coaching"

I guarantee those scrubs like Profit and Green would do whatever is asked. Put them out the to shame the other players!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
LA68 said:
That is exactly what I mean. It is like "If we can't learn my special triangle, I am not going to put any effort into coaching"

I guarantee those scrubs like Profit and Green would do whatever is asked. Put them out the to shame the other players!
This was exactly my point in previous posts.....

At a certain point in time Phil is going to have to wake up and realise all his zen powers will not time warp Shaq back,and MJ and Scottie are not going to miraculously apperar.

Play the players that give 100% effort,and modify the system to get the most out of the players..And when things break down,the game cant turn into the Kobe show...Sure,it will get you some more wins,but at what cost??

I like what Coach Brown is doing.He plays the guys who give 100%...Thats all you can ask

·
Registered
90 Posts
man smnush aint worse den atkins man he playin defense aint he?

we just need tha TEAM ta do betta bro

·
Registered
181 Posts
lol that wont happen :mob:

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
truth said:
Play the players that give 100% effort,and modify the system to get the most out of the players..And when things break down,the game cant turn into the Kobe show...Sure,it will get you some more wins,but at what cost??

I like what Coach Brown is doing.He plays the guys who give 100%...Thats all you can ask
I guess Phil heard you. Look at what Cook did with legitimate mins. Time on the floor is all any player really wants. Let's hope he continues to give the other guys a chance. It is early in the season, now is the time to see who can do what

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
LA68 said:
1. Slava and George have been in this offense their whole pro career and still don't know it !!

2. Looks like Smush is a worse version of Atkins:

3. Whoever heard of a shooter passing up wide open shots ???

4. Phil Jackson has the nerve to complain that the ball does not go inside. To whom??? Kwame?? Can't give it to Bynum because he is nailed to the bench. Mihm plays his heart out and plays hurt. He won't put Lamar in the post ! He is the coach of this team, if the ball doesn't go where he wants it to, start benching and cutting people until it does!! Very simple. But, first he would have to wake up and watch a game.

5. I would take Kobe out and give Lamar the ball every single play in the second quarter. If he can't do anything then he must be a bust!!
1. George does know the offense. He has been playing injured for the past three seasons. Oh and yes, Slava sucks

2. have you been watching the lakers and Smush this season or just been checking the boxscores because parker has been infinitaly more valuable to us than Aktins. Like Atkins he can make the open three but unlike Atkins he plays defense. He is our leading slealer and arguable are best defender on this team. He also looks like he been playing this offense for years - if plays are called for him.

3. According to you, we have scrubs like Slava and George as teamates. Would you want to pass to a bad players even if they are open when you know you can drop 30 points by yourself easily:biggrin:.

4. Not completely right. Yes, Phil is stuburn but that is becuase Phil has done this(The Phil Process)for years and in the end was always success. even with young players. What he does is use the same players or rotations till they get it right. He does it this way becuas if he is content on using the same players even when they mess up it gives the players more confidence(in time) that coach still trust them. They get more comfortable and soon they don't even realize that they are learning every game. It just happens. The only problem that Phil has is that he has some overly emotional players like Mihm and kwame who if under a microscope can not function at all so the "Phil Process" may take a lot longer to take affect.

5. This must be a "throw in" to your rant. Odom, possibly a Bust?:nonono: Odom must have read that too because when Kobe was out for most of the first half last game he did control the game(scoring anyway) and was able to keep that aggression even when kobe came back.

I hope you feel better now because this rant seemed more like an impulsively emotional outburst that followed after a hard to accept loss to the bulls:biggrin: . Happy thanksgiven, LA68, :banana: The Lakers won.:banana:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts