Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You dont like Ben Wallace? My friend and I had this discussion last night.....I like the Pistons but I dont care for Ben Wallace too much......he says that you cant be a Pistons fan if you dont like him...I say bah humbug...People hate all kinds of players on the Lions and Tigers....why cant I like a player for the Pistons?

Reactions: DetBNyce

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
obviously you can... if you change your favourite team when someone you don't like signs with them, you are not much of fan a to begin with. then just have to hope they'll get rid of him.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
I guess you can although it's kind of confusing to me. He is the face of the Pistons and everything they stand for. As soon as he got here that's when things started to go in the right direction again.

You don't like Chauncey too much either, right?

I don't see how you could like the Pacers and Pistons either? :wink:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I guess I will echo the previous posts and say you can dislike any player on any team. If you like the current Pistons? you must like hardwork and determination, Ben is the posterchild for these things. I personally dont like the flashy in your face players, ala shaq, kobe, Tmac, Franchise, I think if youre good let your play speak for you. Dont need the head tapping, shirt tugging show up displays. I like Tays game and the fact that he shows people up as often as Barry( #20) did. He let his game speak.
Now that ive hi jacked this thread.....just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I personally find it really hard to like teams that have even one player who I'm less than fond of. That's why I only cheer for four teams (Pistons, Celtics, Rockets, Wizards), and I'm pretty much against everyone else.

That's just my story. I might be one of the only people like that, I dunno.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CJ said:
You don't like Chauncey too much either, right?

I have grown to like Chauncey....Ben Wallace just looks like he hates life...I think Dyce should start over him anyways....He looks like the dude if you say something wrong to him he will just snap....

He has no real basketball talent, he just hustles a lot....*ducks tomatoes being thrown his way*

I dont like half the Pacers team anymore...so if they could combine the players I like from the Pistons and Pacers....I would be a happy man

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Midnight_Marauder said:
I have grown to like Chauncey....Ben Wallace just looks like he hates life...I think Dyce should start over him anyways....He looks like the dude if you say something wrong to him he will just snap....

He has no real basketball talent, he just hustles a lot....*ducks tomatoes being thrown his way*

I dont like half the Pacers team anymore...so if they could combine the players I like from the Pistons and Pacers....I would be a happy man
Sounds like you should be a gm....just for giggles, which players do you like?

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Copper said:
Sounds like you should be a gm....just for giggles, which players do you like?

Well, I am glad you asked Copper...If I were a GM and had to merge the two teams into one....here is what team Reise would look like....(starters only)

PG- Carlos Arroyo
SG- Reggie Miller
PF -Rasheed Wallace
SF- Tayshaun Prince
C-Jermaine O'Neal

These are my favorite players from both teams

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Nice list, The only quarrel I would pick would be Reggie, If it was Reggie of 5 years ago? no quarrel. Now adays I would have to take Rip.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Answer to the original question:

Yes.

Case in point:

Me.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think Ben is the type of player you point out to kids. He is where he is due to hard work and determination. I know all pro athletes work hard, but Ben had no real talent or skill. He has made himself and his career by working harder than everyone else. ala Rodman.....without the lobotomy.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
No you can't, come be a Nets fan. :D

-Petey

1 - 20 of 27 Posts