Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
He'll burn out by age 36 or 37 and they'll be payin him 25 mil a year for no production. Did ****ign no one learn from Pujols, A-rod that 10 year deals are ****ing retarded. I have no problem with the money per but signing a 30 year old man to a 10 year deal is ****ing stupid. Trout and maybe Harper are the only guys that should be getting something like a 10 year deal

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
If Trout holds out when he becomes a FA after next year and he sees wat a DL bug like Ellsbury just got and now a 30 year old in Cano, he could be looking at something crazy like 12 years 350 mil

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Cano is a good player, but this is ****ing insane. There's not a chance that he's going to be worth this sort of money for even the first half of that deal. You're not talking about a guy like Pujols or Hamilton who has a long history of productive seasons.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really ? damn I don't know where I read he was a FA after next year but I know I read it. I know he's up for arbitration soon though
Two years from now is year 1 of arbitration. I still think the Angels get him locked up in a year or two. Too valuable to the Angels to not pay the man.

·
Banned
15,209 Posts
Next year is year 1 of arbitration. I still think the Angels get him locked up in a year or two. Too valuable to the Angels to not pay the man.
But the way he's been paid the last couple years and not given a raise I think he might say **** it and see what the Yanks, Sox, Dodgers are willing to pay. Anyway that's another topic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts