Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Typical JC Fashion.. :rolleyes:

We're tired of reading and writing about the list of incidents. The arrests, the towel throwing, the loading dock, the technical fouls, the spitting on opponents, the obscene gestures and the practice-session punch are slow to leave our consciousness, but it's going to take even longer in other NBA cities......

.....the voting coaches didn't wonder what to do with Randolph and his undeniable All-Star season when they came to his name on their ballot.

Randolph, they must have thought.

Wonderful rebounder. Great scorer. Arrested earlier this season for suspicion of driving under influence of an intoxicant. What to do? Ahhh, he's a Jail Blazer. Maybe some other year.
BTW, here's the latest results of a poll taken at O-Live..

Did the Blazers' questionable reputation hurt Zach Randolph's All-Star chances?

Yes 46.2%
No 53.8%

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Canzano's pretty amazing. He can seemingly reach out (into my brain) and scoop out what I think about any given issue... and then write a few hundred words of dribble espousing the opposite position.

Ed O.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Some truth there, but Canzano fails to mention that Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James didn't make the all-star game, either, and both are probably better than Randolph.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
"Canzano's pretty amazing. He can seemingly reach out (into my brain) and scoop out what I think about any given issue... and then write a few hundred words of dribble espousing the opposite position."
Hmm. I guess the "opposite position" would be that the Blazers' negative public image had nothing at all to do with Randolph being left off the all-star team. Is that what you believe? If so, what do you think the real reasons are?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!

Hmm. I guess the "opposite position" would be that the Blazers' negative public image had nothing at all to do with Randolph being left off the all-star team. Is that what you believe? If so, what do you think the real reasons are?
It may very well be a fact that the Blazers' reputation had something to do with his non-selection.

So, I guess I might have written something like:

Note to Zach: As you must be painfully aware of the stigma attached to this team, and if is your true desire to be an All-Star, then you should have gone to great pains and lengths not to put yourself in (drinking/drugs) situations which would only hinder your chances.

However, let this be a lesson to you, young man. For now, work hard, keep your nose clean, keep a positive attitude, and pray to God that you get another chance - which, you probably will if you continue to play as you have.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
He's right, it's the uniform.

Zach Randolph wears the uniform of the Blazers, a team that sucks. That's why he didn't make the All-Star team.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!

Zach Randolph wears the uniform of the Blazers, a team that sucks. That's why he didn't make the All-Star team.
then paul pierce shouldn't have made the team.

btw, it shows how weak the east is when Jamaal Magloire makes it.

zach just plays in the wrong conference, thats all. (besides that his defense isn't good..which in a way is a lame excuse, as 'Nique never woulda made it then)

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

So, then, let's go ahead and rule out McGrady, Carter, AI, etc., etc.......

Oh, that's right, they were voted on. I guess that makes all the difference.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!

The real reason is he's at a position that's absolutely stacked in the West and there are better players that made it ahead of him.

It has nothing, really, to do with whether he plays for Portland or not. And if it DOES have anything to do with him being a Blazer, it's because Portland is one of the worst teams in the West, not because of media perception about the team or city.

Ed O.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Neither Melo or LeBron are better than Randolph, at least not in terms of production. Randolph is 9th in Efficiency. Melo isn't even in the Top 50. LeBron is in the 30s somewhere.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
You're right, neither McGrady nor Pierce should have made the team. Pierce in particular has had a horrific season. Carter and Iverson probably did deserve to make the team, only because there are so many teams that suck in the East that you pretty much have to put some of their players on the All-Star team.

You don't have that problem in the West, where forwards like Andrei Kirilenko, Carmelo Anthony, and others play for teams that don't suck as much, and have led their teams to totally unexpected success this year. Ed O. is 100 % right on this one.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

Zach didn't make the team because of the wealth of talent in the west. He would have made it very easily if he was in the east. His numbers are all-star worthy without a doubt. The east is weaker from top to bottom so it's much easier to make that squad.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I don't think the fact Zach wears a Blazer uniform has anything to do with it. In fact, I was surprised he's not on it as he's probably going to win the most improved player award and I would think that would give him a leg up.

I think there's several players to choose from and he just didn't get chosen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts