Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lack of frontcourt help has often been the Portland Trail Blazers‘ Achilles tendon. Look no further as Carl Landry—who happens to be one of the top free agents this offseason—expresses his interest in playing for the Blazers next season.

“I think I can fit in with Portland, “Landry told SLAMonline. “They’re in need of a big post presence down low. I’m not taking anything away from (Greg) Oden and (Marcus) Camby. I just know what I can provide. The Blazers are a good team and I know I can help.”

This free-agent class lacks the big names that last year’s crop produced, but there are a load of serviceable pieces that could turn out to be an X-factor for a title-contending team.

Landry could be that missing piece for the Blazers.

“I really like Portland,” said Landry.” I’m good friends with Greg Oden, and Wes Matthews is from Wisconsin like me. There are a lot of ties there and I have no doubt that I would blend in fine.”

Officially, Landry is still property of the New Orleans Hornets and he’s willing to give them first dibs for his services. New Orleans gave him a great opportunity after they traded for him out of Sacramento, which allowed Landry to play for a contender. He was very appreciative of that move.

“David West and Chris Paul were great to me,” said Landry. “New Orleans brought me to a winning situation. For that, I’m very thankful.”
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/lockout-2011/2011/08/making-his-move/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts