Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8215931/carl-landry-join-golden-state-warriors-according-agent

This looks like a huge bargain compared to some of the other deals that have been handed out this year. Landry is a very useful player, especially if you have a good point guard and you run P&R with him.

Free agent forward Carl Landry is headed to the Golden State Warriors, according to his agent.
Chicago-based Mark Bartelstein announced Monday that Landry, regarded as the top remaining unrestricted free agent on the market, has finalized a deal with the Warriors.

The two-year deal is worth an estimated $8 million, with Landry possessing a player option for the second season.
Landry played in 41 games last season for the New Orleans Hornets and started eight, averaging 12.5 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Definitely a great deal, but I'm not entirely sure why they needed him. Bogut and Lee, and isn't Biedrins still there?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Definitely a great deal, but I'm not entirely sure why they needed him. Bogut and Lee, and isn't Biedrins still there?
Bogut gets hurt every year and Biedrins hasn't done much for the last 3 seasons.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
It's nice. Gives them a hustle, grit player as a complement to the other talent they already have. They could make the postseason this year, w/ Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee, Bogut, Landry. Pressure on Mark Jackson now.

·
Legend
12,913 Posts
It's a great move. We have no big man depth beyond Lee and Bogut, and Bogut is still a question mark. Also a very affordable price. I've always been a big fan of Carl and know his game. If Carl Landry was a 7 footer he would be fetching close to 12 million a year.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Great deal.
Bogut
Lee/Landry
Barnes/Jefferson
Thompson
Curry/Jack

That rotation if healthy should make the playoffs.
Amd after this season Jefferson and Biedrins are expirings its looking up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts