Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"He can literally just take a dribble and jump over you from anywhere on the court. He threw in some shots that were breathtaking, when you let a great player going like that, it's awful tough to deal with."
So true. I just wish I could have watched the game.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,151 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
69,618 Posts
Carlisle got what he deserves for benching Vince in the allstar game, :biggrin: he lights them up
 

·
Feel the Rush!
Joined
·
4,292 Posts
Hmmm, don't think any Pacers fans really want to comment on this, nor is it that big of a deal for a coach to praise a good player, that's what vince is, so that's what was said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Carlisle got what he deserves for benching Vince in the allstar game, :biggrin: he lights them up

lol really though. i think vc had that in the back of his mind. it seemed like he went off in every way possible, and we had to miss it! the audio play by play was good though. can´t wait for part 2.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
roro26 said:
lol really though. i think vc had that in the back of his mind. it seemed like he went off in every way possible, and we had to miss it! the audio play by play was good though. can´t wait for part 2.
I think it's something he picked up from Jason Kidd. To use performances to get back at some team / some one, when they feel slighted.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,196 Posts
roro26 said:
lol really though. i think vc had that in the back of his mind. it seemed like he went off in every way possible, and we had to miss it! the audio play by play was good though. can´t wait for part 2.
At least we will be able to see him tomorrow night...no school means Nets bball :banana:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
22,939 Posts
How many do you think vince will drop on them tomorrow? Will he be able to out-do his last performance? (as far as scoring...I don't know if he can top the 11 rebounds)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,719 Posts
Just as important as Carter's offense was Kidd's defense on Miller.

Kidd chased Miller relentlessly around screens, and the Nets mixed their coverage occasionally to get big men to jump out. By the end of the third quarter, the game was under control and Miller was 3-for-11.

"That was his job: Be in his face, don't give him any air space," Best said of Kidd. "Because you know what he can do, and he's been shooting it well the last five or six games. But (Kidd) did a good job just keeping up ... and Vince. There were some switch-outs, and they both did a good job communicating on that."

Miller, who had averaged 23 points in the first seven games since Jermaine O'Neal was injured, didn't say anything substantive about his own performance after the game -- three questions and sayonara has become his postgame routine. But several teammates suggested he was tired from getting up 18 shots in 36 minutes against the Lakers.
http://www.nj.com/nets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1111389115271450.xml


The kept Miller under wraps, and they kept Foster off the boards. Those two things will be just as important tomorrow night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,151 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
How many do you think vince will drop on them tomorrow? Will he be able to out-do his last performance? (as far as scoring...I don't know if he can top the 11 rebounds)
I think the Nets will test this early on the first quarter, and see how the Pacers adjusted defense against him.
I'm sure Frank already devised a plan to let others involved in the offense. I think we'll a balance offense this time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
i use my sirius satelite as my home tuner, so i had to listen to the god awful pacer feed. this is by far the worst play by play team in the country. every time a pacer hit a shot the color man would scream "yay baby thats it!!" and most of the times wouldnt even report a nets bucket. basically saying " nets get 2". TERRIBLE!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
i listened to it on audio league pass, and it was awesome. the announcers (don´t really know who), called everything, like if kidd had the ball on the left wing and dribbled twice to the middle to pass to vaughn at the top, etc. and they did it for both teams.

i feel your pain, st lickem. just as bad as tommy calling a boston game. :curse:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,719 Posts
roro26 said:
i listened to it on audio league pass, and it was awesome. the announcers (don´t really know who), called everything, like if kidd had the ball on the left wing and dribbled twice to the middle to pass to vaughn at the top, etc. and they did it for both teams.

i feel your pain, st lickem. just as bad as tommy calling a boston game. :curse:
Yeah, Carrino is like an auctioneer sometimes. He gets out the play-by-play real quick. I like the Nets radio guys a lot.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top