Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Arroyo in the Jazz's long term plans??? I mean, Stock will be gone at the end of the season, and Jackson will follow pretty soon after, if not the same time.

So what happens next year??? Will Lopez come in and instantly take the teams starting PG job?? Or will Lopez and Arroyo play backup to another veteran or Mark Jackson if he sticks around??

I really think the Arroyo - Lopez combo would be good. Except everyone on the Jazz would need to learn spanish for both of those PGs.

Seriously, both players represent their respective countries. Both are young and top prospects. Arroyo did great in the world champs leading the comp in assists.

So what does everyone think about the future at PG?? Is it safe and is Arroyo and Lopez the future??

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Right now I think Arroyo is the future but that could change. It depends on how Arroyo produces and how Lopez comes back. No one know if Lopez will come back and if he will be as good as he was. Arroyo will be given an opportunity to play some this year. He played 21 minutes, had 7 points and 2 assists against Seattle. If and when Lopez comes back they will both have an opportunity. I think that Arroyo will have a slight advantage because he has played and practiced a whole season while Lopez is injured. Jackson signed a one year deal so there is no guarantee the Jazz will want to resign him or he will want to come back to Utah. The Jazz will play the guy(s) that produces whether that is Arroyo or Lopez. If they have confidence in both Arroyo and Lopez they may not sign a veteran to start in front of them. There is also another option you haven't considered. The Jazz will have a lot of cap room next off season and are reported interested in Andre Miller. They could sign a experienced star quality PG to start in which case neither guy would be starting. That is probably unlikely but it still possible.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JoeF</b>!
There is also another option you haven't considered. The Jazz will have a lot of cap room next off season and are reported interested in Andre Miller.
Now why would you wan't one of the best 3 pg in the league who can't even lead an amazingly talented team like the clippers to the playoffs.:rolleyes: you said so yourself. Sounds like a waste of money and time to me.

Jazz:rocket: clippers

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!
Now why would you wan't one of the best 3 pg in the league who can't even lead an amazingly talented team like the clippers to the playoffs.:rolleyes: you said so yourself. Sounds like a waste of money and time to me.
All I have ever said is I don't think that the Clipper can put it together this year but I never said it was Miller fault. I said it may take them some time to develop chemistry. I also said they will fight for playoff spot and I think they will be an eight seed. I think it takes time and experience to crack the top teams. It took the Jazz time to get by Magic and the Lakers and Hakeem and the Rockets. The Lakers and the Kings each lost to Utah how many times before they finally got over the top and knocked off the Jazz? If ownership can keep the Clippers together and coaches can get the best out of them they could be a top team in a couple of years. You can't expect for people to believe you will go from 9th to a contender overnight. We put the Lakers out like three times when they were supposed to be more talented and put the Kings out a couple of times.
I am actually a big Miller fan and would love to see him here. If you were to look at my posts here and on nbadraft.net I have always been a big Andre Miller supporter. I thought the Cav's were absolutely ripped off when all they got for Miller was Miles. I have always placed him in the top 5. Only Kidd and Payton are above him in my opinion.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>broshrddg</b>!
I wouldn't mind seeing Arroyo in the future. The only thing he is missing is experience.
Also you never know whose going to be where in this years point guard heavy draft. For all you know heinrich could wind up a JAZZ

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Arroyo has played well the last couple of games. He got 8 points on 4-6 shooting, 3 assists and NO turnovers in 11 minutes against Toronto. Against Detroit he had 9 points on 4-7 shooting, 1 assist and NO turnovers in 12 minutes. If he plays defense Sloan will give him minutes especially with Stevenson in the doghouse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts