Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
CARLOS BOOZER BY A MILE!

32 points and 17 rebounds vs. Utah, then tonight he follows that up with 32 points and 20 rebounds vs. Seattle. He will be an All-Star very soon. The guy is a monster!:yes:

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Give me Carlos Boozer, any day of the week. I seriously think Boozer is much better than Malik at this point in their careers. It is a pretty good comparison though, because both play very similar styles, but I'd have to give it to Boozer, despite the youth.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Rose has had good games this year as well, 20 pts 22 rebs, 26 pts 11 rebs, etc.

Right now its obviously Boozer, but its easy to say that when one is playing the best ball he ever has, and one is struggling.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Unfair comparison. Boozer is only 22 and he's playing like a BEAST!!! What's Booz gonna be like in his prime?:eek:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It's a good comparison, but it should be more specific. Boozer is Malik Rose + 2 or 3 inches from what he's done in his career so far.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I've said before that I thought Boozer could be Horace Grant. But damn. Kid is going against the grain again. He's stepped it up big time. We could be seeing something relatively special. He's got the perfect coach to teach him how to be a top caliber big man that's for sure.

He's going to be an all-star in the east soon.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Who woulda thunk that this kid was gonna be the best outta Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy and Boozer? I sure wouldn't have thought it was possible 12 months ago.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Boozer is averaging 32 and 19 the past two games. He's turning into a beast.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chalie Boy</b>!
Why did Boozer slip so far in his draft? I never understood that. Everyone has to be kicking theirselves now
I never know why either. I liked him at Duke. Maybe teams thought he was too undersized? He did measure in at 6'7" in the pre-draft camp. But he's a BEAST!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I knew he would turn soon in what he is now, a all-star...

That's why I voted him for the all-star in november...:cool:

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chalie Boy</b>!
Why did Boozer slip so far in his draft? I never understood that. Everyone has to be kicking theirselves now
Although he was a beast in college, he played C and left Duke at about 280lbs. It was unsure if he could play the 4 in the NBA. Luckily he has his weight under control and is becoming a solid player.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I've said before that I thought Boozer could be Horace Grant. But damn. Kid is going against the grain again. He's stepped it up big time. We could be seeing something relatively special. He's got the perfect coach to teach him how to be a top caliber big man that's for sure.

He's going to be an all-star in the east soon.
Well, I would take a prime time Horce Grant over Boozer anyday. The guy doesnt play the kind of defense as a PF to contribute on a great to championship team. Talking about no defense man, we also have Portland's Zach Randolph (Sp?) sorry, langauge barriers but dont bother to look up the spelling on Scrubs anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
lol John is a Knicks fan now:laugh:

lol, I changed my avatar since the trade, may I ask what your computer model is and your internet speed connection? Still using dail up? I think we can set up a fund foundation for poor people l;ike you that need help for money.....

lol, just kidding.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John</b>!

lol, I changed my avatar since the trade, may I ask what your computer model is and your internet speed connection? Still using dail up? I think we can set up a fund foundation for poor people l;ike you that need help for money.....

lol, just kidding.
lol. I'm on my laptop at worked its on its docking station right now. I have DSL at home but I still have one computer hooked up for Dial-up for nostalgic reasons :laugh:

·
Registered
490 Posts
big change

believe me i'm glad the cavs got him, because he did slip a little bit, but NO ONE thought he was gonna be this good. i started to get surprised when he slipped past late 20's. lots of teams there could have used him.

but other GM's aren't as stupid as it now seems. he has gotten MUCH better. plus he's changed positions.

boozer coming out of duke was a hard-working and way undersized center. he got chunky just to have enough body to take care of college centers because he's only around 6'8". he ballooned up to 265 pounds at duke.

coming to the nba he completely changed his body. he dropped down to a very cut 235 and because of that his quickness and stamina went way up. so did his hops. add that to his already intelligent game and you have a decent but undersized power forward in the making.

this year he's added an outside shot, paul silas and lebron james, making him a double double guy just about every night, and an occasional outburst like this week. he's still not top-rung yet, and he'd have to be almost barkley-like to get there because he gives up at least 3 inches to most good PF's. but he's a rough guy on the court so he makes them work.

but he's only in his 2nd year. and he's not a teenager. carlos is old school and it is a great mix to have him with newschool guys like lebron, miles, and wagner. carlos has enough fundamentals to share a bit of the load.

raz .::. wfnk.com

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
He's old school and he's still only 22. He played out of position at Duke which costs him to fall in the draft. That along with people understating his importance in Dukes offense while overstating that of Dunleavy and Williams (I still think he was the most important play on that team). I don't think he's ever going to be a star but he fits this team so well and he can even fill it up from time to time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts