Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any of you see Boozer play in the summer league game on Tuesday?? He looks SO MUCH different...he's lost 25 pounds since the college season and is in incredible shape. The aspect of his game that he's improved most on is his rebounding. I saw him get up for rebounds, and he is jumping much higher than he ever did at Duke. He still is somewhat weak defensively, but I think he's proven he has the work ethic to improve. On top of that, he has a chip on his shoulder, and wants to prove to everyone that he should have gone in the first round. I could see Boozer getting a lot of time off the bench, and even starting every once in a while.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by mduke
Chris Mihm is better.

Great reasoning....great explanation...I know Carlos Boozer isn't a very good defender, but he would do much better against quick power forwards than Mihm would. Mihm is and should be a center, not a power forward.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I also think lonny baxter was a steal hes get 12 pts. and like 8 boards a game in very limited minutes

·
Registered
162 Posts
what i think will allow him to succeed besides dropping the weight, is his great knowledge of the game, the one summer league game i watched, against memphis i think, he seemed to be everywhere, he dribbled the ball full court and took it in and flushed it left handed, it was an impressive display by someone whos not known to do that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by jwillbulls8
I also think lonny baxter was a steal hes get 12 pts. and like 8 boards a game in very limited minutes
this is the summer league, not the NBA regular season. y do ppl never seem to grasp that concept?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by The Truth
Did any of you see Boozer play in the summer league game on Tuesday?? He looks SO MUCH different...he's lost 25 pounds since the college season and is in incredible shape. The aspect of his game that he's improved most on is his rebounding. I saw him get up for rebounds, and he is jumping much higher than he ever did at Duke. He still is somewhat weak defensively, but I think he's proven he has the work ethic to improve. On top of that, he has a chip on his shoulder, and wants to prove to everyone that he should have gone in the first round. I could see Boozer getting a lot of time off the bench, and even starting every once in a while.
I agree. Boozer's going to be a good player in the NBA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't seen Boozer play in the Summer League, but I knew that at Duke he was undersized for a Center, but you can get away with that in college and especially at Duke!!!!

In the pros, he is way to slow to be a forward...Like I said I haven't seen him in the Summer League, so WHO KNOWS???

I do agree that it is summer league and not the real deal, but as long as he is in Cleveland, he will play because they SUCK!!!

Stop referring to people as white guys. Chris Mihm is 7 feet tall and a center. He was good in college and SUCKS in the pros...BUT that is why he is on the Cleveland team!!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Originally posted by Malakian
I thought Chris Mihm was a center. Reguardless, Chris Mihm is not better than Boozer.

Boozer = Beast

Mihm = Stiff White Guy
Why do you have to call Mihm a stiff white guy. Couldn't you just call him a stiff. Or are you just assuming because the guys white he will never amount to anything. If I called Boozer another lazy black guy people would give me hell. Next time why don't you give some reasoning rather then an off-color comment.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Mihm is playing PF, not C. He was a C in college, like Boozer, but both are better suited for PF.....

You guys base WAY too much stuff on summer league. It means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Kelvin CATO DOMINATED summer league a few years ago, look where he is now!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Do I have to give examples of stiff white guys? Ostertag, Collier, Travis Knight, Maculloch, mihm, Potapenko, deqlerc, geiger, Montross, Jeff Foster, Austin Croshere, Pryzbilla...

Must I go on?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well it is good to see that you know about the Bench players, because in reading your other posts, you don't know JACK about the Real Players!!!!!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
What about Kelvin Cato, Ervin Johnson, Olden Poleneyce, Eric Dampier, Felton Spencer, John Ameci, Calvin Booth ... must I go on?

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
MacCulloch is stiff? hmm, he made it to the finals, and did MUCH better than a stiff this season......Do you actually watch the NBA, or just automatically assume a 7 foot white guy, or any white guy for that matter, is a stiff?:upset:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Malakian don't get MAD because a White guy is blessed to be 7 feet tall and makes it to the NBA based on size. Many of other races of people due the same thing but we just label them STIFFS like they are...No need to make it racial.

Anyways, stop comparing them to SHAQ...Let's make a list of people that SHAQ makes look like a STIFF...

Duncan, Robinson, Mourning....You know what, I will be here for FRIEKIN EVER doing this.

The point is you don't know what you are talking about...Bring up some good talk about the stars, and not all the guys you see riding the pine, or coming in to get their 6 fouls on SHAQ!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts