Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Well it was easy to bash Melo when Denver was sucking, but now that Denver has a better record, what say you now? LOL

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Two things:
Nuggets saved their season. But in no way, shape, or manner, should Melo ever be compared to Lebron...again.

Last season I entertained this rubbish. This season...um...no. Melo is not on the same level as Wade/Lebron. So stop dreaming.

And Marc Stein is a wanker. The article was low on facts/analysis, and high on verbal ejaculation. What's the substance of what Stein wrote: "Melo's team is winning with George Karl" "Lebron's team is struggling". But when you look at the rosters, that makes sense. The Nuggets still underachieved. And the Cavs are still overachieving.

Lebron's numbers:
2004-05 Statistics
PPG 26.4
RPG 6.9
APG 7.3
SPG 2.20
BPG .62
FG% .478
FT% .749
3P% .349
MPG 41.9

Melo's numbers:
PPG 20.0
RPG 5.6
APG 2.7
SPG .98
BPG .33
FG% .415
FT% .783
3P% .284
MPG 34.7

There is no arguement for Melo being the better player. Only that his team is playing better. And if that's your arguement then Robert Horry is the greatest player in the game today.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
HKF said:
Well it was easy to bash Melo when Denver was sucking, but now that Denver has a better record, what say you now? LOL
he still sucks. he's the next coming of antoine walker.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sherwin said:
I dont like carmelo. I realized last night that he has zero basketball IQ.
yea why would anyone want to draw fouls and shoot 12-14 from the foul line when their shot isnt falling. You know what that carmelo sure wasn't thinking. Thanks for tuning in for one game. You've gone far out of your way.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Melo supporters seem to forget that the Cavs are a truly bad team, and that Lebron has them doing this well is surprising.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Rizzah said:
Melo supporters seem to forget that the Cavs are a truly bad team, and that Lebron has them doing this well is surprising.
Just goes to show why you should wait an entire season before conclusively saying one team is better. Now, Denver is winning and the Cavs are swooning. I remember how that was thrown in Melo's face. Not so much anymore huh?

·
Registered
218 Posts
HKF said:
Just goes to show why you should wait an entire season before conclusively saying one team is better. Now, Denver is winning and the Cavs are swooning. I remember how that was thrown in Melo's face. Not so much anymore huh?
Just about all season I've said that Cleveland has been a horrible team and that Denver has been an underachieving one. This does not, in any way, make Carmelo Anthony a better player than Lebron.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
HKF said:
Why should Melo get the credit though? Is he the reason Denver turned it around? He's arguably the least valuable starter on that team.

20ppg only 5rpg less than 4apg on 41% shooting. That's pretty much what he did last year. Has his game grown at all? What does Melo have to do with George Karl coaching the team back to the type of team people thought they'd be going into the season?

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Not at all, but people said he was the reason for the losing, so now they win in spite of him huh? Can't have it both ways.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Rizzah said:
you can only play the bobcats and hawks so many times in a season.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Carmelo is good, but it's not only him who contributed to the wins. He still has many off shooting nights, as a matter of fact, way too many.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
HKF said:
Not at all, but people said he was the reason for the losing, so now they win in spite of him huh? Can't have it both ways.
I don't think Melo has much to do with how the Nuggets do. He's like the 3rd or 4th most important player on his team. Whereas for the Cavs Lebron is undisputably the best player on his team.

And yet, Lebron is more efficient in a bigger role than Melo.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Marcus Camby is the main reason Denver is winning all these games. His play has been flat-out unbelievable over the past month. He's the MVP of the Nuggets just like he was last year. One of the league's most underrated players.

That said, Carmelo has been a much better team player and he didn't deserve all the crap he got earlier in the year. Neither did Kiki Vandeweghe, who did a great job building that Denver team after all.

nbanoitall said:
just felt like slapping the people that compared melo to big dog in the face again.
Maybe you can slap them in the face again when Carmelo becomes a two time All-Star and reaches the Conference Finals, like Glenn Robinson did. Big Dog's second year was better than Carmelo's second year at every aspect of the game.

sherako said:
you can only play the bobcats and hawks so many times in a season.
:laugh:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
HKF said:
Team record should never have been used to elevate James above Anthony. The fact that James is simply a superior player in virtually all aspects of the game (including scoring, which last year some people claimed Melo would always be superior at) is what elevates James past Anthony.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts