Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But he is DEF. no paul pierce..
I'm sorry but i think butler will be a solid pro.. averaging like 15 - 18 a game, but i would rather have a guy like finley or sprewell in his prime then caron in his

·
Registered
133 Posts
damn at least let him play his first NBA season

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Caron Butler is the steal of the draft. When a kid plays his best basketball in crucial games and is the go-to-guy of a team, then he will be one of the best players in the NBA.
With Riley as a coach, and stepping in the weakest position in Miami gives him the potential to make an immediate impact.
Butler will become one of the best players, and let all those who criticize him wait for the season to start.
Major upgrade for the HEAT, and after the free agent fiesta in 2003, watch for a probable ZO, DUNCAN, BUTLER, JONES, HOUSE making it all the way to the championship.
;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Joker</b>!
Caron Butler is the steal of the draft. When a kid plays his best basketball in crucial games and is the go-to-guy of a team, then he will be one of the best players in the NBA.
With Riley as a coach, and stepping in the weakest position in Miami gives him the potential to make an immediate impact.
Butler will become one of the best players, and let all those who criticize him wait for the season to start.
Major upgrade for the HEAT, and after the free agent fiesta in 2003, watch for a probable ZO, DUNCAN, BUTLER, JONES, HOUSE making it all the way to the championship.
;)
Duncan to the Heat? Keep dreaming!:laugh:

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Im tired of hearing all you bash guys who havent even started their rookie season. Hey grizzoistight Im sure you thought Pierce was going to be the player he was when he was a rookie too didnt you? No, you probably said the same thing, he'll be a solid player. Theres no way to tell how good he will be until this season starts. But I wouldnt be suprised if he got rookie of the year. The heat are lucky that he fell that far. Alot of people thought he was a top 5 pick.

Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and/or denigrates another member at any time. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot," "moron," "stupid," and like terms constitutes harassment. Harassment not only includes individuals but also can apply to insults against teams, players, and groups of BasketballBoards.net members. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a team forum, team forum members, and/or a team's fan base as a whole can also constitute harassment. truebluefan

·
Registered
932 Posts
I assumed he was gonna fall anywhere between 3 and 6 instead he ended up a astounding 10th! He easily could have helped all four of those teams (GS. Memp, Den and Cleveland) If he isn't ROY then he will at least be in the voting unless he gets injured.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn man

Pierce is a stud one of the best in the league.. and i was just sayin caron wont be as good as him.. the only similarites is that they fell in the draft.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Thing is, no one thought Pierce was going to do what hes doing now either. Give the Butler a chance.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
TheRealist: "Duncan to the Heat? Keep dreaming!"

juts tell me why there's no way duncan can be in miami after he becomes a free agent in 2003???
miami is one hell of a nice city to live in,
miami heat is a popular team
miami plays D which is similar to SA's game style
miami is weak at pf
miami could win the championship with duncan.

what were u saying realist???

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Re: TheRealist: "Duncan to the Heat? Keep dreaming!"

Originally posted by <b>Joker</b>!
juts tell me why there's no way duncan can be in miami after he becomes a free agent in 2003???
miami is one hell of a nice city to live in,
miami heat is a popular team
miami plays D which is similar to SA's game style
miami is weak at pf
miami could win the championship with duncan.

what were u saying realist???
Depends on a lot of things. Florida is attractive with no state tax, so either Orlando or Miami have an advantage.

If Orlando has the money and Miami has the money, I'd see him going to Orlando. Better team and more player-friendly coach that is already buddy-buddy with Duncan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts