Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LUNATIC, I told you that the Heat wouldn't get Woods. Although, they got Butler, who is probably a better player. Do you fans think that the Heat will make the Playoffs this year, after selecting Butler?

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I think Butler will be AWESOME in Miami,out of all the players in this draft he fits in Riles system the BEST!If Butler starts which Im sure he WILL,we will TOTALLY be in the playoffs next season!

U were right!:D

I guess Woods could be headed to L.A.,we'll see?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, Woods went to Portland. You wouldn't believe how pi$$ed I was when I saw it happen. Why the hell does Portland want a talent like Woods. He won't get any playing time playing alongside guys like Wells, Pippen and DA.:no:

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
When the Clipps didnt take him at #8,I knew he was coming to Miami!

How loud did it get when they announced we got him?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
When the Knicks took nene every1 started gettin hyped chanting out BUTLER BUTLER BUTLER it lasted until we pickedd then every1 went crazyyyyyyyyy and pat riley gave a press conference saying how happy he wuz to get butler, dat he neva imagined getting him.. he also said we have the next paul pierce and da crowd started changint PIERCE lol

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Get ready Miami for the arrival of Caron Butler. He was flat out the biggest STEAL

Heat 'steal' Butler; Wiz score with Jeffries, Dixon
By Dick Vitale
SPECIAL TO ESPN.COM

June 26
Now that the draft day is complete, and several players were fortunate enough to shake NBA commissioner David Stern's hand, it's time for a few thoughts on the action from New York City ...

The fans have to be dancing with joy in Miami. Get ready down at South Beach for the arrival of Caron Butler. He was flat out the big-time steal of the draft. There was no way he should have fallen all the way to No. 10. Could this be another Paul Pierce situation? Think back to 1998, when Pierce fell down to the Celtics at No. 10, and Boston was happy to land the Jayhawk star.

Miami Heat coach Pat Riley will greet Butler in an Armani special. Riley will love Butler's athletic prowess and desire. I loved watching Butler during the NCAA tournament, and he can be something special at the next level.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Even Barkley said Butler falling to us at #10 was the BIGGEST steal in the draft!

Im HOPING for this lineup.

C - Zo
PF - B.G.
SF - Butler
SG - E.J.
PG - Billups

We would TOTALLY be in the play-offs next season!

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Good move on Miami's part. I could definitely now see Brian Grant or Eddie Jones being traded... and maybe even Anthony Carter. Butler was just the beginning of a long rebuilding process for Miami!:D

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Grant or Jones I wouldnt mind so much if they stayed.. Grant is actually dedicating himself this year it said in the paper he will work out with zo all summer instead of takin his usual trips. But .... AC needs to go, he is overpaid and he sux.

btw.. las night at da draft party tol eddie jones him and butler r gonna tear it up and he started laughing

·
Registered
388 Posts
Anthony Carter is the biggest media hype i've ever seen in a Miami Heat jersey. Hell, all Heat fans were thinking he was gonan take over the leadership role and be the next Timmy Hardaway after he hit that clutch lucky game winner against the New York Nicks one year.

Get rid of him, Eddie House is the guy the Heat can count on for the future alongside offcourse the guy's name in this topic non other then Caron Butler! :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Getting Butler had to be a surprise for the Heat. I had him pencilled in to be gone before the Heat even started thinking about him. Great pick for the Heat

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
heh thanx.. the head didnt even bring him in for workouts b/c dey thought he wouldnt be there at 10 but I guess dey were wrongg.

btw if ne1 wantza talk hoops im me at Takeit2dahouse00

1 - 16 of 16 Posts