Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Carson Palmer is entering his first year as an NFL starter and that a lot of people are saying he will have tons of growing pains but this guy is the real deal. I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up some big numbers...even be it his first year starting. He's just that talented. Even during the preseason last year it was obvious what kind of talent he had and even moreso this preseason. Ive even heard people conceeding that Palmer will lose the job back to Kitna but I just don't see that happening.

And on the subject of the Bengals...I think they can press the Ravens for the AFC North this season. Palmer and Rudi can take that team a long way.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
I think with time he will become pretty damn good. Hes got the weapon in Johnson, Warrick, Washington, Perry, and Johnson to suceed. He just has to get some experience.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Carson has too much ability and weapons around him not to succeed. He has everything a Qb could want in terms of players around him. Great Recievers along with one PRO BOWL WR. good TE. VEry good running back to take pressure off him. A solid OLINE with very good tackles to protect him from the outside pass rush. Its time for him to stepup and earn that fat contract he recieved. I think theres going to be a trend where teams keep rookies on the bench most of the year to learn from the sideline be4 being put in the fire. They are much more prepared once they do step in. Some teams wont be able to jus because they wont have any other QB good enough to keep in games. But i woulndt be suprised for this to happen to guys like Rothlesberger and other future nfl QBS

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
And on the subject of the Bengals...I think they can press the Ravens for the AFC North this season. Palmer and Rudi can take that team a long way.
Personally.. I don't see why people are making such a fuss about the Bengals.. Don't get me wrong.. The AFC North will be a wide open race, I just don't see Natti making any noise this season.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm not saying Carson Palmer won't be successful this year, but i find it hard to believe after Jon Kitna's good year, that Carson is going to be named the starter now.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
why did the natti draft perry
i never understood that

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Eagles in 2003</b>!
I'm not saying Carson Palmer won't be successful this year, but i find it hard to believe after Jon Kitna's good year, that Carson is going to be named the starter now.
After investing the first pick in the draft on Palmer they had to get him out there sooner rather than later. Kitna wasn't the long term fix, he had a great season, but if the Bengals are to do something it would have to be with Carson Palmer leading the charge.

It's like in Seattle how Dilfer played well, but Holmgren stuck with Hasselbeck as his QB. Everyone thought Holmgren was wrong, and now Hasselbeck is one of the best QBs in the league.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As well as Kitna played last year Palmer's potential is out of this world. Even though he hasn't played in game action he has looked prepared enough to throw him in there and lead that team.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jawn100</b>!
As well as Kitna played last year Palmer's potential is out of this world. Even though he hasn't played in game action he has looked prepared enough to throw him in there and lead that team.
I would take a Carson Palmer over a Jon Kitna anyday.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have really liked Palmer since he was a trojan. I think that he is gonna be the next elway/marino. I think that he has the talent, and chad wont make him look that dumb behind center either

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Carson Palmer has to succeed this season, he has so many weapons around him. Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson, Warrick, Washington. If he can't do much with them, he's in trouble. I think he'll have a pretty good season though. Alot of people are saying he is this years Kyle Boller, but I disagree.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Carson is bound to succeed with his talent, and all of those weapons he has surronding him. Kitna would be the safe bet obviously to win now, but even with Palmer the Bengals can definetly make a lot of noise in the AFC North.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
According to brain typing guru Jonathan P. Niednagel, CP will not be an NFL superstar:

If JN had to sum up CP in one thought, he has said, "When Carson is relaxed and feeling good, his tools and game will be superb; he'll be able to make all the throws and plays; but if he allows pressure and nerves to overcome him, his BT should not operate as efficiently (in mental, motor, and spatial skills) as have the top QB Brain Types of the past few decades."

Now that we’ve considered some of the ISFJ’s body traits, what are the odds of Carson Palmer becoming an NFL superstar? Not good. What are the odds of CP playing some good NFL games? Very good. Yet, the more he can be surrounded by top-notch offensive linemen and receivers, the greater his success potential. The more he can be surrounded by competent coaches who know how to utilize his assets and steer clear of his innate weaknesses, the better. One reason Drew Bledsoe (ENFJ/FCAL) became more successful than many of his BT at QB was that mastermind coach Bill Parcells (ESTP/FEIR) directed Drew very well. For one, at appropriate times he limited the field in which Bledsoe was to throw the ball. Left-brained dominant QBs or “J”s develop tunnel vision when succumbing to pressure (e.g., Ryan Leaf). Some of the 8 left-brained dominant BT are better than their other “J” cohorts with innate vision abilities. Regardless, all left-brained dominant BT are restricted in their QB vision capacities compared to most of the right-brained QBs.
braintypes.com - Carson

·
Registered
830 Posts
"Niednagel has never coached football beyond Pop Warner and last played the game in the '60s, when he was in high school. The so-called Brain Doctor, whose most advanced degree is in finance, has made a career out of analyzing "brain types" of athletes. As a result, he is less interested in tools than in wiring"

All i need to know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts