Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
976 Posts
Re: Carter contract issue a year away

If Orlando will offer him 20 mil, go for it, I just don't see how he'll get that much though

· Registered
5,515 Posts

I think teams would'nt be that interested on Carter when he becomes a FA..Those teams under the cap this summer of 07 have no interest in VC..So the NETS have the chance of signing him a lower contract like 10 MIL per?

· Registered
866 Posts

What I think we should do/what should happen:

Vince stays with NJ for the final year of his contract. Why leave a good thing? Playing with Kidd is great for Vince, and he better realize it. You leave Kidd to get your money and you don't know what can happen. Plus this has got to be the best team he's played with - getting to the playoffs two years in a row and making the team a legit candidate to be the champs.

Jason Kidd should take a pay cut. 103 million - I'd say he deserves all of it. But if he wants to win a championship he might look into renegotiating his deal to find quality players we need. John Stockton did it, too bad he never won though.

'08 there's gonna be a big name free agent by the name of LeBron James, unless he inks an extension in Cleveland. Jay-Z should get to work that year.

· Banned
57,945 Posts

Richard Jefferson said:

Vince stays with NJ for the final year of his contract. Why leave a good thing? Playing with Kidd is great for Vince, and he better realize it. You leave Kidd to get your money and you don't know what can happen. Plus this has got to be the best team he's played with - getting to the playoffs two years in a row and making the team a legit candidate to be the champs.

Jason Kidd should take a pay cut. 103 million - I'd say he deserves all of it. But if he wants to win a championship he might look into renegotiating his deal to find quality players we need. John Stockton did it, too bad he never won though.

'08 there's gonna be a big name free agent by the name of LeBron James, unless he inks an extension in Cleveland. Jay-Z should get to work that year.
The CBA/NBA doesn't allow that.

-Petey

· Registered
6,449 Posts

I'd hate to make the generalization that most players try harder in contract yrs but I really hope VC plays a lot better next yr so if the Nets go deep in the playoffs & deep next yr, VC wouldn't mind signing w/ NJ again for less in a winning situation.

· Registered
2,861 Posts

I really don't think Vince will go anywhere else. True, he is from Orlando, and they have Dwight Howard being a beast down there, and Darko could be a poor man's Krsitic.

But he has a great set up here basketball-wise as well, so I don't see that much motivation for him to leave.

One way or another, I think he'll re-sign here.

· Nets Fan
10,424 Posts

We have to look to re-sign him, but to a fair deal. He has been nothing but great for us here and Kidd has not looked this comfortable with a team since Martin left. If by some chance we dont re-sign well at the least that would leave money for Krstic.

· Banned
320 Posts

trade him.

he has done good since he came here but if it means getting a big men trade him and don't let the door hit you well good your split you.

if the nets could get KG go for it. Carter is good but his effort and heart will forever be question and with KG that is not even a problem. A former MVP and a ALL STAR. carter is good but KG is future hall of fame material.

sure the nets will miss carter highlight reels but KG kidd rj and a young krstic means wins.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

killa kadafi191 said:
trade him.

he has done good since he came here but if it means getting a big men trade him and don't let the door hit you well good your split you.

if the nets could get KG go for it. Carter is good but his effort and heart will forever be question and with KG that is not even a problem. A former MVP and a ALL STAR. carter is good but KG is future hall of fame material.

sure the nets will miss carter highlight reels but KG kidd rj and a young krstic means wins.
I don't want this to turn into a "Does VC have heart?" thread but...Go ask Allen Iverson,Jason Kidd,Marbury and any Nets player that.

Back to the original thread subject,I think and hope Carter will re-sign with the Nets. Imagine if goes back to the raptors...hmmm....just kidding lol.

· Registered
1,504 Posts

killa kadafi191 said:
trade him.

Poor bandwagoner

Who are you Carter15Nets???

He's going to stay in New Jersey,too bad for you(and other basketball "gurus")

:clown:

· Banned
320 Posts

VCFSO2000 said:
I don't want this to turn into a "Does VC have heart?" thread but...Go ask Allen Iverson,Jason Kidd,Marbury and any Nets player that.

Back to the original thread subject,I think and hope Carter will re-sign with the Nets. Imagine if goes back to the raptors...hmmm....just kidding lol.

that will be always connected to VC. ESPN Slam every basketball outlet has agree to this.

VC heart and effort does come to question. if he resigns with the nets you have to wonder what happens if the team goes through tough times.

VC has admitted he does not want to carry a team or have "his"team moniker. what happens when kidd goes.

this is part of his legacy. espn has even said he can redeem himself in the playoffs.

Rememeber when Vc first came to the nets and past teammates were commenting why has Vince certain return to normal while in jersey.

Antoni Davis said "because j kidd will not allow him to play like that"

charles oak former team mate of Carter commented that VC is the type of player you have to stay on him for him to play well.

you have to ask yourself what happens when kidd leaves??

who will be there to stay on carter?

that's why i said trade him now KG only a year older than carter but you will never have to question effort with him.

· Registered
1,034 Posts

why would Vince walk? If NJ offered a contract around 6 years, 60 million i cannot see him turning it down. Also, Kidd and Carter is a tandem that should not be broken. Give it to VInce. He has helped this team dramatically. We cant risk losing him then goin through a whole season of poor play similar to the start of the last. I think he even said something along the lines "Oh yea Im a Jersey guy now". He has a best friend relationship with kidd, enjoys everything jersey offers (including a title contending team) and has been having a helluva ride along the way. If he does leave, expect the team to take a huge nosedive. I want him to finish his career a net. He has got a good 5 or 6 years left. Of course his athleticism will decline but as it declines his IQ will increase. We cant let a superstar like carter leave. We kept Kidd, a superstar, RJ, a superstar, we must keep Carter

· Banned
320 Posts

Intense Enigma said:
Poor bandwagoner

Who are you Carter15Nets???

He's going to stay in New Jersey,too bad for you(and other basketball "gurus")

:clown:

not a bandwagoner but you should question when the chips are down will VC abandon ship?

that just reality and it's not my fault. you don't have to like the truth but you have to accept it or keep lying to ur self

· Registered
1,034 Posts

killa kadafi191 said:
that will be always connected to VC. ESPN Slam every basketball outlet has agree to this.

VC heart and effort does come to question. if he resigns with the nets you have to wonder what happens if the team goes through tough times.

VC has admitted he does not want to carry a team or have "his"team moniker. what happens when kidd goes.

this is part of his legacy. espn has even said he can redeem himself in the playoffs.

Rememeber when Vc first came to the nets and past teammates were commenting why has Vince certain return to normal while in jersey.

Antoni Davis said "because j kidd will not allow him to play like that"

charles oak former team mate of Carter commented that VC is the type of player you have to stay on him for him to play well.

you have to ask yourself what happens when kidd leaves??

who will be there to stay on carter?

that's why i said trade him now KG only a year older than carter but you will never have to question effort with him.
KG is a natural born loser. He once got outta the first round. He puts up stellar numbers on a bad team. What if he was on a good team where he would not be the focal point? You cant go to KG for three, for a much needed drive, for a good laugh, for an amazing play because KG's game is post ups and turnarounds. His athleticism has definetely declined and he is no longer the 20 yes 20 million dollar a year player he was when he got that deal. As for when Kidd leaves, RJ will develop, Carter will be in his final years, and a new franchise will be built around RJ and Nenad

· Registered
907 Posts

Richard Jefferson said:

Orlando in 2008 will be better than the Nets, if you look at the rosters now..

Imagine Jameer Nelson, Vince Carter, SF, Dwight Howard and Darko Milicic..

In two years from now, Kidd will be great - still.. But, he won't be the 2006 Kidd.

I love the development of Krstic, but the bigs in Orlando in a couple of years? Wow..

· Banned
57,945 Posts

Stefan Nellemoes said:
Orlando in 2008 will be better than the Nets, if you look at the rosters now..

Imagine Jameer Nelson, Vince Carter, SF, Dwight Howard and Darko Milicic..

In two years from now, Kidd will be great - still.. But, he won't be the 2006 Kidd.

I love the development of Krstic, but the bigs in Orlando in a couple of years? Wow..
Howard is already better than Krstic. Anyone see the glowing words Duncan had for Howard? Says he's happy he'll be out of the league before Howard hits his prime.

-Petey

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.