Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carter, who is listed as day-to-day with a strained right quadriceps that he suffered in Thursday's win against New Orleans, could return in time to play against his old coach Lenny Wilkens and the New York Knicks on Monday night.

If he cannot play on Monday night, he could return on Wednesday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves or on Friday night at the Milwaukee Bucks.

"Carter was examined by doctors yesterday and will see Toronto team physicians when the Raptors return home Monday night after their Martin Luther King Day matinee performance at Madison Square Garden."
Read More.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap.php#1074351833

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
that's good news. hopefully it's not just damage control on the part of the raptors' organization.

but it sounds legit in the sense that it's not serious- and that's a good thing.

peace

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Everybody do it with me: deep inhale, deep exhale. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

4-6 weeks was a hugely premature report. You can't make assumptions before the MRI results have even come back.

Anyways, I don't want them to rush Carter back for the Knicks game. I hope he takes his time and makes sure he is 100% before he returns to action. The last thing we need is for him to play hurt, because that hasn't exactly worked in our favour the last few years.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
This report has just as little value as the previous guess when he will play.

I would say it is extremely unlikely Carter will play Monday afternoon. He will be visiting doctors in Toronto Monday night to look at his knee. If he was 'fine' now, there wouldn't be talk of that visit.

The artilcle says if he doesn't play monday he could play Wednesday or Friday. Well that is pretty specific isn't it.

If he doesn't play Wed or Fri he could play in any of the next 30 games would be just as brilliant a deduction. I can't believe they PAY these 'reporters'. They are useless.

Last year VC's timeline for comeback was continually pushed back and no one seemed to know when he would really play. I don't see it being so quick this time.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
An assumption for Wednesday or Friday's return is still not great news for the Raptors. We can't afford Vince to miss atleast 1 game this seon.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
He wasnt imediately put up the IL list, that's what we can do ask for at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts