Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without a doubt in my mind, Carter is our MVP.

Kidd is great, but Carter just has been more important on the floor and off.

If Carter had not turned this team around (with Kidd), I think Kidd would have complained so much, that he would no longer be a Net.

I'm sure alot will still love Kidd, but what do you guys think?

-Petey

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
u cant have one with out the other vc is as important as kidd there equal in what i think
1.carter
1.kidd
2.rj
3.kristic

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
Without a doubt in my mind, Carter is our MVP.

Kidd is great, but Carter just has been more important on the floor and off.

If Carter had not turned this team around (with Kidd), I think Kidd would have complained so much, that he would no longer be a Net.

I'm sure alot will still love Kidd, but what do you guys think?

-Petey
No doubt indeed. And a team/season saver. VC is the main reason why JK is still playing at a high level even though RJ is out. For some reason, Kidd and Carter have mutual trust to each other, that they can lead the team to make the playoffs. They know who's waiting for them when they made the playoffs ... RJ. They all know that it's going to be FUN!

Yeah, without Vince, the Nets have just been counting games to finish off the season. And who knows what jersey Kidd is wearing these days ?

·
Registered
668 Posts
faNETicS said:
No doubt indeed. And a team/season saver. VC is the main reason why JK is still playing at a high level even though RJ is out. For some reason, Kidd and Carter have mutual trust to each other, that they can lead the team to make the playoffs. They know who's waiting for them when they made the playoffs ... RJ. They all know that it's going to be FUN!

Yeah, without Vince, the Nets have just been counting games to finish off the season. And who knows what jersey Kidd is wearing these days ?
I believe Kidd is a big reason why Carter is playing at such a high level. Kidd's been getting on him and I think Vince wants to impress Jason enough to make Jason want to stay here.

If Kidd isn't here, we are finished for the year and Carter probably grows tired of this place. Basically, we need both to have a chance. Nobody can win by themself.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Carter gets the MVP because he's new, and breathed new life into the team, but he and Kidd are equally important, Kidd probably more so.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
kiddisanet said:
I believe Kidd is a big reason why Carter is playing at such a high level. Kidd's been getting on him and I think Vince wants to impress Jason enough to make Jason want to stay here.

If Kidd isn't here, <b>we</b> are finished for the year and Carter probably grows tired of this place. Basically, <b>we</b> need both to have a chance. Nobody can win by themself.
:soapbox: When you are paid by the Nets, you can use we.

As far as this season goes, Vince is clearly more valuable to wins and ticket sales than a certain moody point guard. To me, any argument for a player to be the MVP of a team based upon Lucy Van Pelt-esque pop psychology demonstrates how strong the other side of the argument is.

Do the Nets need both players for success in the playoffs, yes. Is Vince the MVP of the Nets this season, yes.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Vince Carter is the MVP in so many different ways.

1. He is our best player
2. He is a big ticket draw
3. The money he will bring in will allow the Rat to spend more on other players(he's been pretty liberal since the season started in taking on overpaid big guys).
4. He keeps his mouth shut just like any other superstar who is making 100x more playing basketball than he would doing anything else. (Before people interpret this as a racial statement, please notice that 1/100 of an average superstar contract is $140K. I just can't see any of these guys making even that much money a year doing anything but basketball.) Yet they have the audacity to complain when their team isn't suited 100% to their desires.
Back on topic-
5. Vince is just amazing to watch. J Kidd is as well, but a great finisher is more fun to watch than a great setup man.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I agree with Cpawfan. I love Kidd, but I don't think it's even debatable. Kidd is pushing Carter no doubt but that's what leaders are supposed to, expected to do. Carter is having a CAREER year, or at least a career year since he joined the Nets.

Carter is also happy to be here. Can you imagine that?? He writes notes on his website thanking the fans of the Nets for their support!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
PetroToZoran said:
Vince Carter is the MVP in so many different ways.

1. He is our best player
2. He is a big ticket draw
3. The money he will bring in will allow the Rat to spend more on other players(he's been pretty liberal since the season started in taking on overpaid big guys).
4. He keeps his mouth shut just like any other superstar who is making 100x more playing basketball than he would doing anything else. (Before people interpret this as a racial statement, please notice that 1/100 of an average superstar contract is $140K. I just can't see any of these guys making even that much money a year doing anything but basketball.) Yet they have the audacity to complain when their team isn't suited 100% to their desires.
Back on topic-
5. Vince is just amazing to watch. J Kidd is as well, but a great finisher is more fun to watch than a great setup man.

Oh, I didn't know you were talking about the business side as well. And Vince has kept his mouth shut here so far, but no Kidd and Carter goes crazy, just like he did in Toronto.

And it's not surprising that people like the scorers in this league better and find them to be more important. Scoring 30 always looks nice even if the player's shot selection and defense are poor (Vince is getting better in both areas recently). I believe Kidd and Carter are both important. Take either one off the team and we don't win. I say co-MVPs. Each valuable in their own way. I know nobody agrees, so I will shut up now.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PSUmtj112 said:
Classic "what can first, the chicken or the egg" argument.

Carter has turned the Nets around per se, but would Carter himself turned around with out Kidd?
Maybe all Carter needed was a change, and not Kidd, that too could be argued.

-Petey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts