Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vince is no longer in the upper levels with the best players like kobe, wade, and iverson, he has lost that competitive edge, he just plays for the money at least thats how i see it, he no longers has the abolity to take over a game like the others now he is more on the level with chris webber two superstar has-beens

·
Registered
976 Posts
well aren't you just the negative nancy

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Vinsane said:
Vince is no longer in the upper levels with the best players like kobe, wade, and iverson, he has lost that competitive edge, he just plays for the money at least thats how i see it, he no longers has the abolity to take over a game like the others now he is more on the level with chris webber two superstar has-beens

chill out dude.. VC will get there eventually

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guys think about when was the last time vince played a game like wade,kb,lbj,iverson,t-mac, or even arenas he doesnt demand the ball like the others do they are at this point better than him

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take this game for example kobe demanded the ball all night and where was carter look at the fga's and fgm's

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Lets see, Kobe shot the ball 34 times Vince shot it 8 times. Those players you all mentioned, Vince included are all volume shooters. I doubt Vince will get the chance to take that many shots anymore

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
Vinsane said:
you guys think about when was the last time vince played a game like wade,kb,lbj,iverson,t-mac, or even arenas he doesnt demand the ball like the others do they are at this point better than him
It doesn't make them better than him. They have more opportunities, and take advantage of them. When Iverson goes 7-29, is that better than Carter going 7-16? I'm not saying that he hasn't been dominating as much when he has the ball, but quantity isn't the best determinant.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Lets see, Kobe shot the ball 34 times Vince shot it 8 times. Those players you all mentioned, Vince included are all volume shooters. I doubt Vince will get the chance to take that many shots anymore
I don't think Carter took a shot from 6 minutes left to the end of OT.

How in their right mind wants Robinson or Vaughn shooting over Carter?

I'm not sure what happened.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
vince DOESNT need to DEMAND the ball all the time because he has other players who can also score.. kobe just does that cause hes practically the only one who can score on the lakers.. dun worry carter will be in superstar level sooner or later its still the beggining..

Reactions: Vincanity15311

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Vinsane said:

Good for you..glad you are so quick to drop him out of your imaginary little list.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Vinsane said:
maybe vc is still adjusting! Think bout it... VC has never had offensive players at the level of Kidd! Let alone having 2 more in RJ and Krstic(vs rookie tmac, rose, alston)! Even last year w/ NJ he was getting fed the ball whenever he wanted....

now he has to learn and trust his teammates and even lean on his team mates... something that he has never had to do!

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
I have lived and breathed Vinsanity for the past 5 years....The only reason I'm an NBA fan right now is because of Vince Carter. I was readdy to move onto other things in life, but he brought me back. I've watched Vince with the utmost optimism for the past 3 1/2 rocky years. Now I too think it might be dead. If it indeed is dead, I'll probably stop following the NBA so closely.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
pinoyboy231 said:
vince DOESNT need to DEMAND the ball all the time because he has other players who can also score.. kobe just does that cause hes practically the only one who can score on the lakers.. dun worry carter will be in superstar level sooner or later its still the beggining..
I agree... just cuz VC is my godfather

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
The sheer threat of Vince being out on the floor opened up all the opportunities for everyone else to get pretty open shots. Tonight's game was all about Kidd exploiting his mismatches all night and we got the W. If Vince had fouled out we'd have had triple teams on Jason during the last part of regulation and OT and could have lost. Vince played his job perfectly by keeping his man honest. Just because he didn't go for 40 doesn't mean he's a 'has been', you guys are rediculous.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Vinsane said:
take this game for example kobe demanded the ball all night and where was carter look at the fga's and fgm's

Vinsane , kidd was hot, why would you give carter think man!!!!!!!!!!, Frank was making kidd have the ball on the wing and drive it because noone could stop him!!!!!.Stop with the negativity!~!! chill

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
reganomics813 said:
The sheer threat of Vince being out on the floor opened up all the opportunities for everyone else to get pretty open shots. Tonight's game was all about Kidd exploiting his mismatches all night and we got the W. If Vince had fouled out we'd have had triple teams on Jason during the last part of regulation and O and could have lost. Vince played his job perfectly by keeping his man honest. Just because he didn't go for 40 doesn't mean he's a 'has been', you guys are rediculous.
...and what happens when he's no longer a threat? If he keeps playing like he has season then this strategy will no longer be valid.

Call it drama, I don't give a **** about your opinion on the matter to be honest. I just don't get the feeling that Vince wants to be out on the floor anymore.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
...and what happens when he's no longer a threat? If he keeps playing like he has season then this strategy will no longer be valid.

Call it drama, I don't give a sh*t about your opinion on the matter to be honest. I just don't get the feeling that Vince wants to be out on the floor anymore.

To tell you the turth, Kobe JUst played excellent D on him; I was actually happy when this KObe_vince thing happened, because i thought now vince would be mad so he would go at him; it ended up of Kobe being inside of Vince's head, which lead to vince shooting bad shots. But what i liked about vince today, he is running on defense, denying the ball, contesting every shot!!!!!!!!!!! yes i say it again, he was contesting every shot, he was making the effort to play good d, if he keeps doing that, and he starts shooting well, hell be dangerous!, he just needs to keep playing d, i thought he did a good Job on Kobe in the first quarter!!.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts