Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
are you like a poster at realgm.com? because all of your info seems to me like it comes straight outta those message boards....no offense....but im curious

·
Registered
82 Posts
That kinda makes me mad.

I think Carter should have said "I am the best player in the NBA, and screw the rest because they don't matter when I'm on the court".

Seriously...I'm getting REALLY annoyed with everyone trying to be humble nowadays.

And if he is trying to be feirce and he ranks himself 5...thats BS IMO

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Personally I'd rank Duncan, Garnett and Jason Kidd at least, ahead of Vince, but Vince has his own opinion, and frankly, cut him some slack guys. What's he supposed to say, "I'm #1"? If he said that everyone would be on his jock, saying he's not that good, not as good as Shaq, and he isn't, because he can't dominate like Shaq! Or if he said "I'd rank myself 10-15", then everyone would say he has no confidence and won't change.

I would say anywhere between 5-8 is pretty accurate for Vince <b>at the moment</b>. I also think he's better than Ivy. But still, that's my opinion, Vince has a different opinion. He's not right, and I'm not right either.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Shaq is in because of Shaq.
Kobe is in because he wins 3 titles.
Iverson is in becuase of the way he carries his team.
T-mac is in just because he is Vince cousin.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I think Vince was being modest. I have no gripe about where he ranks himself, I just don't like who he ranked ahead of himself. He is better than Kobe and Iverson IMO.....

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
T-mac is in just because he is Vince cousin.
What? McGrady has carried his team just as much as Iverson yet you say "just because he is Vince's cousin"??? Why the hate?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by Budweiser_Boy
Personally I'd rank Duncan, Garnett and Jason Kidd at least, ahead of Vince, but Vince has his own opinion, and frankly, cut him some slack guys. What's he supposed to say, "I'm #1"? If he said that everyone would be on his jock, saying he's not that good, not as good as Shaq, and he isn't, because he can't dominate like Shaq! Or if he said "I'd rank myself 10-15", then everyone would say he has no confidence and won't change.

I would say anywhere between 5-8 is pretty accurate for Vince <b>at the moment</b>. I also think he's better than Ivy. But still, that's my opinion, Vince has a different opinion. He's not right, and I'm not right either.
I agree with your reply here. Vince might think this way because of his injury-laden year, but when he returns healthy for 02/03, we'll more than likely see the Vince that dominated the olympics star teammates!

As for his choices today( In November, he may choose differently ), they are his and I have no problem ever with the choice people make. He is entitled to choose who he wants in whatever order he wants.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Iverson third? Man what a joke

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by Wilt_The_Stilt
Iverson third? Man what a joke
Don't you think that Vince being an NBA all star is entitled to his own opinion without his "opinion" being called "a joke"? I wish people would stop bashing a personal opinion and in this case, the personal opinion of a STAR NBA player. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most people wouldn't agree Vince is top 5. I don't even know if I do. But at the start of each season I always say this is the season Vince will bust out and have a MVP year. THis could be the year he wants to prove everyone wrong who said he sucks after he got hurt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts