Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
`I am just trying to grab and pull everything out of each player to commit to these last couple of games. I think we are capable of being in the playoffs. If you get in you never know what can happen.''

"If everybody is together and everybody is focused, we're a pretty tough team to beat,'' Carter said. ``From the time I woke up until game time, the same thing ran through my head. I wanted to make sure everyone was in it. With a team like Boston, it's important for us to play our best basketball early.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_...k1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0bQ--?gid=2005040917&prov=ap

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Good leaders will also set the example, he did that today in the first quarter.

I just wish they ran some more plays for him and Curly.

-Joe C.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
carter will be more successful in this role because he doesnt have to worry about everyone only coming to him for leadership. he knows jkidd is the leader and he doesnt have the pressure to get everyone motivated. he has the ability, but probably just not like kidd. this has been the best senario for vince. plus rj is also a leader.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
actually i think vince is still a leader of the team the team still looks to him and i think very soon he wil be made a co-captain

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Vinsane said:
actually i think vince is still a leader of the team the team still looks to him and i think very soon he wil be made a co-captain
He said he liked coming here because he won't have to be a leader. Are you calling Vince Carter a lair?

-Joe C.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Joe Camel said:
He said he liked coming here because he won't have to be a leader. Are you calling Vince Carter a lair?

-Joe C.
I dunno how much Vince Carter resembles a "lair," :wink: but I think Vince Carter will even admit to being wrong in his past. Vince will eventually become co-captain, like Vinsane said. Being a superstar, there is no way you can get away from it. I think he liked being the leader in Toronto, but just had too much load placed on him too quickly and got burned out. It happens too all of us...But if he's gradually put into that position, it could work out great for both him and his teammates. In Vince's first 2-3 seasons you could just tell that he loved leading his team.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe Camel said:

-Joe C.
There is plenty of leadership on this team..Kidd, RJ and now VCs stepping up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts