Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about how to some Carter still needs to redeem himself from the situation in Toronto, but they act like Artest already has redeemed himsef from his situation in Indiana.

Carter basically messed around for 20 games in Toronto and his stats dropped significantly for those games from his career averages.

Artest on the other hand had problems with his team and just did not play basketball for his team what-so-ever for well over 20 games.

Both players ended up being traded away and eventually they dominated for their new teams for the remainder of the season.

Now, Carter's situation took place last year and he not only brought a team that looked like it was going to the bottom to the playoffs, but he also has been playing great the entire season this year for the Nets.

Artest has only played half a season with the Kings and basically has done the same thing Carter did to a lesser extent but somehow he is redeemed from his situation in Indiana.

Am I the only person who finds this rather odd?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,449 Posts
Artest is not that dominant as compared to Carter when he lead the Nets to an unlikely playoff berth w/ all the injuries that team suffered last yr w/ Kidd & then RJ missing a significant amt of games.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbasok

· Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
Artest is not that dominant as compared to Carter when he lead the Nets to an unlikely playoff berth w/ all the injuries that team suffered last yr w/ Kidd & then RJ missing a significant amt of games.

Artest has cleaned up his act just like Rasheed Wallace did but Ron is not a dominant player at all. Artest won't put up 40-45 points or control the pace of the game like Carter does.
 

· What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,598 Posts
No, but all's he does is lower the team defensive ppg from 101 to 96, lower the fg% from 46 to 42, and in 37 games coming into a new offense in the middle of a season take a team that was 7 games under .500 to 3 games above .500 and into the playoffs. He's not as dominant as Carter, but some people forget ppg isn't the only thing that matters...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
Both players acted like babies, not surprising for Carter because he is one and not surprising for Artest because he's a psychotic who probably doesn't realize he's a grown man at this stage.

Carter has played top-notch basketball since joining the Nets, though, that's for sure.

Oh, and Carter fanboys, I expect a full parade of insults back my way. If I don't get at least one death threat, I'll be disappointed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbasok and jworth

· Registered
Joined
·
1,437 Posts
P-Dub34 said:
Both players acted like babies, not surprising for Carter because he is one and not surprising for Artest because he's a psychotic who probably doesn't realize he's a grown man at this stage.

Carter has played top-notch basketball since joining the Nets, though, that's for sure.

Oh, and Carter fanboys, I expect a full parade of insults back my way. If I don't get at least one death threat, I'll be disappointed.
im gonna kill you! :biggrin:

jk, im not much of a carter fan
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
P-Dub34 said:
Both players acted like babies, not surprising for Carter because he is one and not surprising for Artest because he's a psychotic who probably doesn't realize he's a grown man at this stage.

Carter has played top-notch basketball since joining the Nets, though, that's for sure.

Oh, and Carter fanboys, I expect a full parade of insults back my way. If I don't get at least one death threat, I'll be disappointed.
:rotf:
 

· Star in the Making
Joined
·
4,739 Posts
Like everyone else said, players like Carter are top notch. They have to lead their teams.... Carter is doing that, Ron Artest atleast kept trying on the court when he did play... Carter was doing the worst thing you can do, and that is slack off on the court to get traded.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dee-Zy

· Registered
Joined
·
2,277 Posts
Along with what other people have said, Carter seems to be "right" mentally, so you have to blame him for being a baby. Ron Artest is a ****ing psycho that has mental problems. It's kinda like how you can't blame a retarded kid for throwing food everywhere.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
9,166 Posts
Where are you getting this info that Artest has redeemed himself? Certainly not from news media outlets.
 

· Star in the Making
Joined
·
4,739 Posts
Steez said:
Like everyone else said, players like Carter are top notch. They have to lead their teams.... Carter is doing that, Ron Artest atleast kept trying on the court when he did play... Carter was doing the worst thing you can do, and that is slack off on the court to get traded.

OH and in no way shape or form am I saying Artest has redeemed himself :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
19,436 Posts
Steez said:
Like everyone else said, players like Carter are top notch. They have to lead their teams.... Carter is doing that, Ron Artest atleast kept trying on the court when he did play... Carter was doing the worst thing you can do, and that is slack off on the court to get traded.
That's the truth.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
Hairy Midget said:
Along with what other people have said, Carter seems to be "right" mentally, so you have to blame him for being a baby. Ron Artest is a ****ing psycho that has mental problems. It's kinda like how you can't blame a retarded kid for throwing food everywhere.

:laugh:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
I'd easily blame both of these guys equally. They each wanted out of their past situations, but in order to get out they acted unprofessionally. Playing halfheartedly or telling the media that you don't want to work for your current team isn't the way a man should get it done.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
21,860 Posts
S-Star said:
No, but all's he does is lower the team defensive ppg from 101 to 96, lower the fg% from 46 to 42, and in 37 games coming into a new offense in the middle of a season take a team that was 7 games under .500 to 3 games above .500 and into the playoffs. He's not as dominant as Carter, but some people forget ppg isn't the only thing that matters...
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm still picking Careter, but Artest isn't getting much love here...guy's a stellar defender, and has the ability to put up nice points.

Just because Carter can put up more points, doesn't mean he's the better player.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top