Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post-ups, off curls, in the motion, on isos, driving, pulilng up... passing when it was right to pass, shooting when it was right to shoot... drawing fouls... just god damned doing it all. And decent defense tonight as well, from what I noticed. He's a force of nature out there. When he's on, it doesnt' matter who's on him... bring the double, bring the triple, no matter. What I loved most was his work in the post tonight. He got so many great looks out of the post, and made excellent passes as well. The dunk off of AJ in the post was just sick. Anytime you get a dunk off a post up, it is happening for you in a big way.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NJ Grand NJ said:
I really liked the fact that he was taking it to the basket. He didn't take any 3 pointers.
He was definitely looking to take the ball to the hole last night. And when he's doing that, he usually has an excellent offensive night. He only seemed to take those catch and shoot jumpers when it was late in the shot clock and the offense had been run and not produce anything. Perfect place for him to take those... after other things have been tried, and when its likely to be the best shot we can get.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
Post-ups, off curls, in the motion, on isos, driving, pulilng up... passing when it was right to pass, shooting when it was right to shoot... drawing fouls... just god damned doing it all. And decent defense tonight as well, from what I noticed. He's a force of nature out there. When he's on, it doesnt' matter who's on him... bring the double, bring the triple, no matter. What I loved most was his work in the post tonight. He got so many great looks out of the post, and made excellent passes as well. The dunk off of AJ in the post was just sick. Anytime you get a dunk off a post up, it is happening for you in a big way.
His "D" was far from pretty. But offensively, everything was clicking. That 360 dunk which was waved off... by far his greatest dunk as a Net. So fluid, and finished strong. Too bad the whistle occured like a good few seconds before... LOL

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Petey said:
His "D" was far from pretty.
-Petey
I see, I ended up watching O alot more tonight than D.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oops, I forgot to say this in the original post....

Carter is smoooooooth...

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Every shot seemed worthy of a highlight reel. As someone on SportsCenter said on Sunday, "this game is very easy for that young man". I think if he hadn't hurt his shooting hand against San Antonio, we would already be in the playoffs.

Too bad we had to give up Zo to obtain this talent. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
SeaNet said:
He was definitely looking to take the ball to the hole last night. And when he's doing that, he usually has an excellent offensive night. He only seemed to take those catch and shoot jumpers when it was late in the shot clock and the offense had been run and not produce anything. Perfect place for him to take those... after other things have been tried, and when its likely to be the best shot we can get.
Yeah, that ctach and shoot shot is another repitore that James, Kobe and T-mac dont have.

Although I said if you are only limited in the highpost offense, you will struggle to score when it counts.

1) Carter got the Pierce highpost offense
2) Carter got Kobe's slashing ability (Talk about if Kobe is forced to play in discipline offense)
3) Carter got the catch and shoot game where only Ray Allen, Peja, Reggie Miller have. But mind you guys, those catch and shoot people have nothing like Vince Carter interms of explosiveness and scoring ability.
4) And he is okay enough to run pick and roll if Carter doesnt try to do anything fancy.
5) Carter is one mid range jumper away from being the best offensive player.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
As NetIncome has said many times, Rod Thorn acquired Carter for "trinkets and baubles" . The biggest steal EVER Nets got a superstar in his prime, Raptors got benchwarmers and mediocre draft picks. I LOVE IT!!!

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:
I see, I ended up watching O alot more tonight than D.
Yeah, as a team the Nets are able to cover for him, they have gotten much better at it. I can't wait for RJ's return, because he'll be put on the more explosive player, while Carter will take the lesser offensive player.

-Petey

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Petey said:
Yeah, as a team the Nets are able to cover for him, they have gotten much better at it. I can't wait for RJ's return, because he'll be put on the more explosive player, while Carter will take the lesser offensive player.

-Petey
are u serious vince will always be a better offensiveplayer than jefferson

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Vinsane said:
Read my post again... and slow down. It's about defense. Jefferson will guard the better / more explosive player on defense, and Carter will guard the weaker offensive wing.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Vinsane said:
He means RJ will be guarding the better offensive player because he's better at defense.

BTW VC makes the game of basketball(on offense) look way too easy

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The guy IS smooth. He's an offensive machine! I'm so glad he's our's. He's definitely half-man, half-amazing. Or maybe 60% amazing. ;)

Reactions: Phenom Z28

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
uptown4784 said:
I dont know if u saw this but Vince did same thing K-Mart usto do Pick up hands to get crowd up.
No they didn't televise that.

Cool, but uncool he stole it from KMart.

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
Cool, but uncool he stole it from KMart.
-Petey
I don't think it's uncool. That gesture is not uncommon, a lot of players have done that before.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts