·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003-2004

41 games, 14,952 average per game.

2004-2005

32 games, 14,766 average per game.

Yes, we are below, but lets remember 13 of our 32 home games were without Carter.

NetIncome's Thread...

According to NetIncome's thread, we were averageing 14,003 per game.

Which means since Carter's Arrival, we are averaging 15,289.

So even with our losing, thus far a way out of the playoffs. That is a huge jump, and even more so with us in the playoffs last year.

Right After his trade, NetIncome had the attendance around 15,326; so it's hard to argue that people are showing up for something new. But it's more a cause of entertainment value.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Given time and continued success, along with Knicks being .....less than stellar. Attendance will grow steadily. Just have to wonder how many Nets fans will realize that Carter got upset in Toronto and just tanked games. There is always the possibility he would do it again if he feels slighted.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Petey said:
2003-2004

41 games, 14,952 average per game.

2004-2005

32 games, 14,766 average per game.

Yes, we are below, but lets remember 13 of our 32 home games were without Carter.

NetIncome's Thread...

According to NetIncome's thread, we were averageing 14,003 per game.

Which means since Carter's Arrival, we are averaging 15,289.

So even with our losing, thus far a way out of the playoffs. That is a huge jump, and even more so with us in the playoffs last year.

Right After his trade, NetIncome had the attendance around 15,326; so it's hard to argue that people are showing up for something new. But it's more a cause of entertainment value.

-Petey

If the team was 5-10 games over .500..you would see attendance top 17,000 a night on average. That is a huge jump considering where the Nets were even in the days we were going to the finals.

Pegging the Nets as a regional team has worked thus far, and people are starting to realize that there is a better and more exciting team in town. The Carter show is incredible, and it is producing wins.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Copper said:
Given time and continued success, along with Knicks being .....less than stellar. Attendance will grow steadily. Just have to wonder how many Nets fans will realize that Carter got upset in Toronto and just tanked games. There is always the possibility he would do it again if he feels slighted.
It was different in Toronto, he didn't have someone like Kidd pushing him, and someone like RJ that would show him up.

If Bosh were dropping 25/10 while he was there... You don't think he would have stepped up and tried to prove he was the star?

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nets1524512 said:
If the team was 5-10 games over .500..you would see attendance top 17,000 a night on average. That is a huge jump considering where the Nets were even in the days we were going to the finals.

Pegging the Nets as a regional team has worked thus far, and people are starting to realize that there is a better and more exciting team in town. The Carter show is incredible, and it is producing wins.
As much as people say they won't root for them when they move, I'm sure at least the Nets will be able to retain at least 50% of their fans, maybe offer them a slightly better package, and on TOP of that, they could also build a huge base.

There of course will always be the die hard Knicks fan, but people love winners, and I'm sure if the Nets are winner when they move, they will sell out often, if not always.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Petey said:
It was different in Toronto, he didn't have someone like Kidd pushing him, and someone like RJ that would show him up.

If Bosh were dropping 25/10 while he was there... You don't think he would have stepped up and tried to prove he was the star?

-Petey
True, by the time Bosh was becoming assertive VC had already resigned himself to forcing the trade. I have never been a Knicks fan and would preffer the Nets take control of the fan base in their region. Ive disliked Thorn since the Bad boys were public enemy #1 in his book....However I like the rivalry that has begun to take shape and I hope the Nets organization continues to build a contender and doesnt let anymore talent slip by in offseason. A solid PF in the offseason would go a long way in giving them a solid all around starting unit.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
As much as people say they won't root for them when they move, I'm sure at least the Nets will be able to retain at least 50% of their fans, maybe offer them a slightly better package, and on TOP of that, they could also build a huge base.

There of course will always be the die hard Knicks fan, but people love winners, and I'm sure if the Nets are winner when they move, they will sell out often, if not always.

-Petey
I believe even Knicks fans will watch Nets games. I have respect for Knicks fans, they cheer and boo whenever it's appropriate, they're just being honest. They want to see a winner, so they're gonna watch a Nets game to be entertained. They're still a Knicks fan, but they'll watch a Nets game.

Reactions: Nightfly

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Copper said:
True, by the time Bosh was becoming assertive VC had already resigned himself to forcing the trade. I have never been a Knicks fan and would preffer the Nets take control of the fan base in their region. Ive disliked Thorn since the Bad boys were public enemy #1 in his book....However I like the rivalry that has begun to take shape and I hope the Nets organization continues to build a contender and doesnt let anymore talent slip by in offseason. A solid PF in the offseason would go a long way in giving them a solid all around starting unit.
I want the 7th seed so we meet up... :)

-Petey

Reactions: Nightfly

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
faNETicS said:
I believe even Knicks fans will watch Nets games. I have respect for Knicks fans, they cheer and boo whenever it's appropriate, they're just being honest. They want to see a winner, so they're gonna watch a Nets game to be entertained. They're still a Knicks fan, but they'll watch a Nets game.

nah.....let me be honest. you could have the nets playing in my backyard, and i wouldnt even look out my window, regardless if their 62-20 or 12-70. so brooklyn nets doesnt appeal to me... but i can see where you going with that. new york is gonna be split after like 5-6 years of the brooklyn nets, like the giants and jets. not really mets yanks...cause yankees are probably way more popular then the mets. it depends on the success of the team though. you cant bring a winner and expect it to grow further outside that borough..

but i really am bored out of my mind watching any sports game that doesnt have one of my fav teams in it. Vince is exciting and all, but a couple of spectacular plays in a 2 and a half hour game isnt worth it...ill catch the highlights on sportscenter. this is from a guy who enjoyed the 03-04 season, full of dull jumpshooters like houston and van horn and lots of losing. but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Petey said:
I want the 7th seed so we meet up... :)

-Petey
That would be a television field day with all the sub plots. I think it would be another chapter of the yearly battle, but alas another chapter written in our favor...lol :cheers:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Copper said:
That would be a television field day with all the sub plots. I think it would be another chapter of the yearly battle, but alas another chapter written in our favor...lol :cheers:
Haha, should be a fun one buddy.

I think RJ will be looking for some revenge. Carter will be looking to make some playoff noise as his first time being there with the Nets, and Kidd looking for some after last year.

Should be fun like I said.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think it would be an interesting series, I think we'll end up with Indy or Cleveland instead but I think a Nets Piston series would be tougher on us physically. The way Tay has stepped up this year, I really like his post up ability against any defender. and Sheed is head and shoulders above your bigs. that leaves backcourt. Kidd and Vince can go off for a game or 2 but I dont see them winning 3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts