Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cartwright: "Expect Jamal to start at PG next year" Jwill: 'I'm not a point guard'

Ok...the subject line is duplicitous ;)

Check the quote though:

The knock on Williams is his free-throw shooting. Duke lost to Indiana 74-73 in the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament when he missed a free throw that would have tied the game.

"I think I'm a basketball player, not a point guard or shooting guard,'' he said.
---
While Crawford is the Bulls point guard, Krause and Cartwright can envision the two of them playing together. Cartwright said he'll begin experimenting with different lineups during the summer camps.

"We've got some runners now and we've got two young people that can deliver the ball to those runners,'' Krause said. "It just makes for a very good situation for our franchise.''

http://sports.espn.go.com/nbadraft/story?id=1399491

So maybe Fizer has a new address coming, but it looks like Jamal doesn't.

C-Curry
PF-Chandler
SF-Rose
G-Williams
PG-Crawford

·
Registered
394 Posts
No, Songcycle, I'm trying to figure out what exactly I have against him- you'd think that after what he did to my team (and he was unbelievable that night) I'd see why everyone loves him so much, but I don't. :confused:

Like I said in another thread, hopefully he's the next Isiah, I could live with that all day long.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by Songcycle
Athletically, I hold grudges. I have yet to warm up to Tom Seaver or Hank Aaron
Yeah, I hold grudges big time- yet I still don't hate Laettner. Of course, his being an NBA flop and having homosexual rumors spread about him helps soften the blow somewhat.

Just curious, what do you have against Hammerin' Hank?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
thats funny bullsnews. You hold a grudge against williams but not laettner? He tore the heart right out of KY with that shot.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I dont see how you could hate JayWill. I mean, he did trounce the Wildcats(and really theyre nothing to write home about.... no offense) but hes on the bulls now, not the B.Devils, Although H.Aaron was b4 my time, it doesnt look like much has changed in the Cubs Clubhouse. But those are your guys teams, and i respect that. What im saying is, it happened in the past. you cant change it, although the whole latenerr thing could bring some payback, guys, let it go. easier said then done, right?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by truebluefan
thats funny bullsnews. You hold a grudge against williams but not laettner? He tore the heart right out of KY with that shot.
Well, the Laettner shot was avenged in the 1998 Tournament, when we came from 17 down with 9 minutes to play to beat Duke in Brand's freshman year.

And I don't hate JayWill, the game last year was basically a meaningless December game- I just don't see him being a superstar in the NBA. He'll be a very good player, no doubt, but coupled with my preference for a tall backcourt, I wanted to see him traded.

But I also wanted Lamar "I only smoke a few times a week" Odom ahead of Brand, so I'll take Krause's word for it.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Could be awesome!

I like the comparisons that I have heard about Jay Williams...Isiah Thomas? as a player, that would be WONDERFUL for our Bulls!!! Jamal Crawford, a VERY athletic 6' 6"-7" shooting guard whom MJ loved as a player(now wouldn't a shadow of MJ be acceptable??? hmmm?) and then combine that with Chandler and Curry? Not to mention Jalen Rose and hopefully a healthy EROB at SF??? This team has all the possiblities of being GREAT....soon. Its called off-season conditioning! Please baby bulls, come back this year buffed? ".....Curry, put down that whopper with cheese!!!":love:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts