Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of miss the classic "Stockton to Malone" plays. But this season KG and Cassell seem to have founder their complementary player. It is hard to argue that KG and Cassell improve each other. How many times have you heard the phrase "Cassell to KG" (and vice versa) in the recent days. How many times have you seen the two take over in the 4th quarter with their unstoppable pick and rolls. I think these two are easily the best duo in the league at the moment. KG plays an important part in Cassell appearing in his first ASG of his career. I believe Cassell will be a vital factor for KG getting his first MVP award of his career. I hope they keep up their game, and with the additions of Sprewell and the crew, I believe we will be seeing a very competitive Twolves when the play-offs come...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
yes.

garnett tripped sam, foul on jason williams, and sam made the free throws to win memphis 98-97...

... except shane battier hit a jumper with 2,9 seconds remaining...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
what the hell were they thinking giving the ball to MARK FREAKING MADSEN for the final shot. it should have been either KG, Sprewell, or Cassel shooting anyone but maddog.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
KG was open at the end there too, but I can't beleive Madsen missed that.

el_Diablo, Williams did have his arm on Cassell's back, and that's one of the things Cassell is great at, making a little bit of contact like like a push or a trip.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
maybe they actually called that. hope so.

but I don't think he fell because of that, it was either because of KG's foot or he just "collapsed" to get to the ft line...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>el_Diablo</b>!
maybe they actually called that. hope so.

but I don't think he fell because of that, it was either because of KG's foot or he just "collapsed" to get to the ft line...
It was a combination of KG's foot and Cassell just collapsing. But I'm guessing that the ref saw Cassell fall, and saw that Williams had his arm on his back, and figured that it was Williams who tripped him. It wasn't a foul by Williams with his arm. Cassell just used that to make it look like a foul. Kinda cheap and sneaky, but that's one of the reasons why Cassell is so good, he can draw foul calls in those situations very well.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>el_Diablo</b>!
yup. I like football(soccer) and watch it a lot so I know almost all about fooling referees...
lol, same here. I do alot of that kinda stuff in soccer games, so I know what you're talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts