Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming that the Cavs don't make the playoffs and Toronto does, and therefore they have both picks. Who would you like them to draft?

The Cavs could end up with a 8-15 pick as well as a 15-18 pick. I'd like to see them take Shaun Livingston and Tiago Splitter. I think that each may be gone early but there is a chance of them both being around for the Cavs picks.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I'd rather see them trade both picks with Z for a guy who is a Star right now.

The Cavs already have Diop, Wagner, Lebron, Boozer, JR Bremer, Kapono, Brown in terms of young guys to develop. They don't really need anyone else. And I don't know that there's going to be anyone in this draft who could really help right away.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I'd rather see them trade both picks with Z for a guy who is a Star right now.

The Cavs already have Diop, Wagner, Lebron, Boozer, JR Bremer, Kapono, Brown in terms of young guys to develop. They don't really need anyone else. And I don't know that there's going to be anyone in this draft who could really help right away.
I agree. I don't know exactly what they'd get, but I'd really like to see them package both picks and a current player (Ilgauskas would be fine) for someone who can help them right away. With James with a year under his belt, a hopefully healthy Wagner from the get-go, a quickly improving Diop, etc, the Cavs could really make big jump next season if they add a very good verteran player or two to their roster.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
If Toronto makes the playoffs, I wouldn't mind if the Cavaliers gave up their first round pick to the team they owe a pick to. Since this draft is not considered the deepest by any means, the Cavaliers could settle the pick they owe by giving away theirs and still have a first round pick from Toronto. Rather than have it hanging over their heads forever, just settle the debt.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After I thought about this I'm pretty sure that you don't want to add 2 more teenagers to this team. Especially since there is a chance that Williams would not be resigning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts