Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Conley is the third or fourth option on the Griz I'm not buying that one bit….
I am sorry for your parents, @Pablo5, that they had to raise such a stupid person.

Look at Game 2 of the Semifinals compared to any of the three previous games Memphis played without him if you really need any evidence at all. Conley is the second most important player on a team that won 55 games in the regular season. I don't know what I'm supposed to say here.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Those three don't make any difference. With them healthy they don't contribute enough to change the outcome. They only play who's in front of them. To downplay them winning the ship is just you being a whining Houston fan….
Did you seriously just claim that Beverly and Conley don't make a difference for their respective teams?

Conley is the third or fourth option on the Griz I'm not buying that one bit….
Wow.

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Conley is a fantastic all-around player, and Beverly might not be , but his energy and defensive skills bring a lot to the Rockets.

I think the last 2 years of the NBA are tained with injuries. Kobe, Rose , PG etc' and now playoff injuries, just sucks.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Good for you, Pablo, you named the two highest scorers on the team. Proud of you, champ. Sure showed me.
You can even debate Lee as valuable to the Griz as Conley. I know you want to downgrade and take shots at GS but your attempt is silly

·
8,475 Posts

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
You can even debate Lee as valuable to the Griz as Conley. I know you want to downgrade and take shots at GS but your attempt is silly
Not downgrading Golden State at all.

You're just a potato if you think the likes of Courtney Lee is more important to Memphis than Mike Conley and people who watch the team know that Conley is every bit as valuable to the Grizzlies' success as Zach Randolph. It sure seems everyone else recognizes you have some sort of mental disability or personality failing though - I wouldn't have bothered talking to you had I known.

·
8,475 Posts

There's no way you're being serious at this point.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Not downgrading Golden State at all.

You're just a potato if you think the likes of Courtney Lee is more important to Memphis than Mike Conley and people who watch the team know that Conley is every bit as valuable to the Grizzlies' success as Zach Randolph. It sure seems everyone else recognizes you have some sort of mental disability or personality failing though - I wouldn't have bothered talking to you had I known.
You're just a whining fan that believes the Warriors championship run is flawed because of the opposing teams injuries. They have a complete team and have played their ass off the entire season wire to wire. They will win and deservedly so…..

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
You're just a whining fan that believes the Warriors championship run is flawed because of the opposing teams injuries. They have a complete team and have played their ass off the entire season wire to wire. They will win and deservedly so…..
No, retard (come at me, mods). All I've said is that Mike Conley deserves more credit to the Grizzlies' success and chances in that series than what you're giving him and that he's especially more vital to the team than what Beverley or Holiday are to theirs.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Not at all. This guy is bitter that's all. Even with a healthy Conley the outcome would've been the same.
GNG said:
Mike Conley absolutely is a big difference-maker and is a lot closer to Kyrie Irving in terms of affecting Memphis' chances than Beverley or Holiday affecting Houston's or New Orleans'.

Not saying that Memphis would have won the series over Golden State, but a fatigued, face-broken Conley had the Grizzlies up 2-1 in the series and helped them give the Warriors more of a challenge than anyone else in the postseason. Without him, Memphis starts Nick Calathes, gets swept and loses all games by double digits.
^Original post.

·
8,475 Posts
Not at all. This guy is bitter that's all. Even with a healthy Conley the outcome would've been the same.
I'm talking about you, not GNG. GNG isn't bitter or anything. In fact he couldn't be more correct with the points he's made regarding you. Not to mention, being bitter doesn't necessarily mean a person doesn't know what they're talking about. I don't expect you to understand that though.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
The bigger issue is why all these injuries in the NBA?

Look at these ultra athletic guards and look what's happening to them. D. Rose, Conley, Westbrook, Irving, ect, ect, ect. Is it possible to be too athletic and thus your injury level goes up? I know that sounds crazy but these injuries the last couple of years are out of control.

I've never seen anything like this.

All that being said, injuries or not, GSW were still the best team in the NBA this year.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
The bigger issue is why all these injuries in the NBA?

Look at these ultra athletic guards and look what's happening to them. D. Rose, Conley, Westbrook, Irving, ect, ect, ect. Is it possible to be too athletic and thus your injury level goes up? I know that sounds crazy but these injuries the last couple of years are out of control.

I've never seen anything like this.

All that being said, injuries or not, GSW were still the best team in the NBA this year.
Eh, supposedly if you look at the numbers (I haven't, just parroting what I read) injuries aren't actually up, it's just that they players getting injured are better than they normally are. Nobody notices if a couple dozen Brandon Basses and Kent Bazemores go down over the course of a season, but when the Durants and Loves and Paul Georges get hurt it really resonates.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts