Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
It's good they don't have Ilgauskus, he kills us every time. The Cavs are only one game ahead of us so if we win this game we will take the seventh seed away from them. We must win this. Last time we played Iggy really frustrated LeBron and they don't really have a second option without Ilgauskus so it should be easier for us, although we don't have Webber either.

GO SIXERS!!!

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kunlun said:
It's good they don't have Ilgauskus, he kills us every time. The Cavs are only one game ahead of us so if we win this game we will take the seventh seed away from them. We must win this. Last time we played Iggy really frustrated LeBron and they don't really have a second option without Ilgauskus so it should be easier for us, although we don't have Webber either.

GO SIXERS!!!
I wasnt sure on the lineups, is Z actually out, and is there a chance Webber plays, thats why i put him in.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
If Webber plays I think this will be a rather easy win for us. But, we can't relax like we did at the Bobcats game, we almost let them come back and win it in the end!

·
Registered
216 Posts
i think ivy will carry the load look for a 40-50 point game....and the W

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Huge, huge game here. They can beat out the cavs for second and keep sight of boston. if they can win all the games going into Miami, they stand a great chance of getting 3rd, or 6th(facing washington and boston before miami). they've been good against those teams so far, as long as they keep focused, they can do it.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
mellow-dramatik said:
i think ivy will carry the load look for a 40-50 point game....and the W
The thing is, we can't always rely on Iverson scoring 40 to 50 points to win. We need a team effort. When Iverson has an off night we lose and we lose hard.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Philadelphia has its .500 record. The 76ers hope a playoff spot comes next.

After months of wondering if they've were good enough to even make the playoffs, the Sixers have put themselves in prime position to move up in the Eastern Conference standings.

Barring a Philadelphia collapse or a season-ending hot streak from a couple of teams lower in the standings, the Sixers will likely return to the postseason after a one-year hiatus. Forget the eighth spot, though. Philadelphia can climb to seventh with a win Friday over Cleveland — the team that leads them by a game in the conference standings.

"We understand the significance of this game," coach Jim O'Brien said after Thursday's practice.

While Cleveland is 38-36 and Philadelphia is 37-37, the Sixers have the tiebreaker with two wins already against the Cavaliers this year. They beat them 98-89 on March 4 and 93-81 on March 18.

"It's a huge game," center Marc Jackson said. "It's a challenge for us."

Beating Cleveland would give the Sixers a needed cushion in the final eight games of the season. New Jersey, winners of seven of 10 but on the outside of the playoff hunt, trails Philly by 1 1/2 games and Orlando is 2 1/2 games back.

And the Sixers still believe they can win the Atlantic Division, though at 3 1/2 games behind Boston, a division title seems like a long shot. The Sixers host Boston on April 12.

"I'm not watching the people behind us as much as I'm watching Cleveland and Boston," forward Kyle Korver said.

The Cavaliers have lost six of 10, two straight, and will play without center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who dislocated his right ring finger in a loss to New Jersey on Tuesday night.

Philadelphia forward Chris Webber practiced Thursday and should be back in the lineup after missing three games with a sprained left shoulder.

Having Webber healthy and productive could be the difference in the stretch run. The five-time All-Star seemed to have found his niche with the Sixers in the four games before he was injured, averaging 19.5 points and 9.0 rebounds. For most of his first month as a Sixer, Webber struggled with his role and didn't quite fit with league-leading scorer Allen Iverson.

"We need to have Chris and Allen on the court together," O'Brien said. "It gives you so many offensive options."
LINK

That's great news to hear that Webber most likely will be back, makes our chances of winning this even greater. From here on out is practically the playoffs, and with the Nets blowing the Knicks out on Thursday, this gets as close to a must win as you can get.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
SixersFan said:
I think we may lose this one.
Any reason? Or just a feeling? It's a completely winnable game, but we have in the past lost completely winnable games so I can see where you're coming from.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I'm not going to be able to watch this game so keep the updates coming in if you can. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Kunlun said:
If Webber plays I think this will be a rather easy win for us. But, we can't relax like we did at the Bobcats game, we almost let them come back and win it in the end!
Not if Webber takes nothin but jumpers and misses them.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Can someone get Cwebb a Sixers jersey? I'm tired of seeing him in those Kings rags.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Kunlun said:
Any reason? Or just a feeling? It's a completely winnable game, but we have in the past lost completely winnable games so I can see where you're coming from.
Just a feeling because of the past, ya know? I dunno..I hope they win.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just turned on the tv and i heard the announcer say Mark Jackson has been unstoppable tonight. Were up 83-73 at the end of the third quarter. :banana:

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also just checked the stats of the game:

AI has 19 pts, 7 reb, 14 assist
Korver is shooting well 4-5, 3-3 from the line. 11pts 6 rebs
Sam 16 and 9

Then i looked down and Jackson has 20 pts in 17 mins. 9-14 shooting.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
14 assists for AI? Seems like a good all-around game for him, unless he has a hell load of turnovers again.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts