Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's official.

Cavs are playing better without Lebron.

Further proof that Lebron is simply a beneficiary of 40+ minutes per game and a green light to do whatever he wants to do ( result of hype, because Cav's owner wants Lebron to be the star and milk the resulting interest in the team for as long as possible ).

In basketball terms, Lebron is totally insignificant and Cavs proved they could win without Lebron. ( so far one in OT without him , and 2 full games without him, they only lost to Kings and they were in it too ).

Cav's do not need another ball hog with sloppy hands to slow them down and between missed shots and turnovers he wastes at least 15 posessions every night.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!
another ball hog with sloppy hands to slow them down
Is there no end to your player bashing and trolling?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Or they are playing well with a healthy Wagner, a newly aquired Jeff Mcginnis, and an all-star level Carlos Boozer...

They need Lebron though to make the next step. If you watched them against the Kings, they really missed having Lebron down the stretch when he would have taken over the game.

But yes, the Cavs are definitely rounding into shape. And doing it without Lebron for this time is good for all parties. It allows Lebron to not rush back on the ankle, and it allows the rest of the players to get their confidence going so Lebron doesn't have to come back and have all the pressure he had on him before he left.

Cavs are creeping back into the playoff picture.

Silas and Paxson have done a really wonderful job putting this team together.

Three more wins and they'll be above last season's total for the entire year.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The players are stepping up because they know Lebron isn't around to do it for them.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ToddMacCulloch11</b>!
If the lakers win tonight, they are offically better without shaq, kobe, and malone.
Yea a Lakers team with GP and Kobe lost to the Clippers. Then a Lakers team without Kobe and just GP plus the rest of the bench beat the Clippers...

I guess the Lakers are better without all their big guns.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

Yea a Lakers team with GP and Kobe lost to the Clippers. Then a Lakers team without Kobe and just GP plus the rest of the bench beat the Clippers...

I guess the Lakers are better without all their big guns.
Oh man, its offical! The lakers should cut them and the cavs should cut lebron and they should make the all useless team.

·
Registered
726 Posts
What the Hell!

NO.

The Cavaliers have played 2 games without LeBron. They are 1-1 without him. The win involved Carlos Boozer getting 32 points and 20 rebounds.

Lebron James' FG% is 41. Allen Iverson's FG% is 39. Lebron James' TOPG is 3.9. Allen Iverson's TOPG is 4.7. The Sixers are better without Allen Iverson, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ToddMacCulloch11</b>!
Oh man, its offical! The lakers should cut them and the cavs should cut lebron and they should make the all useless team.
I know, every good player should be cut and sent to the developmental league its obvious they're not ready.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow!!!!

Do you guys pay attention to these games.

Cavs played tyhe final minute and the overtime against Utah without Lebron.

Then they won another one without him, then they lost to the Kings and tonight they won again.

So they are 2-1 or 3-1 if you count the Utah game ( after all they played starting the overtime even and without Lebron.

Lebron's 4th quarter stats have been attrocious, so saying that they missed him to take over against the Kings in the last quarter is ridiculous. He probably would have screwed up the whole thing ( as his 4th quarter stats prove ) and the game would have been out of reach long before the final minutes.

Lakers on the other hand are losing all over the place, so comparisons are nonsense.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
So they are 2-1 or 3-1 if you count the Utah game ( after all they played starting the overtime even and without Lebron.
You need an argument based upon sterner facts.

Since your favorite player is Peja, I can use the exact same logic you have used against LeBron.

When watching a Kings game, a graphic was flashed showing the Kings went about (I don't remember exactly) 21-6 without Peja over the years.

In that amount of time, the Kings probably had a 3 or 4 game winning streak (or at least a 2-1 or 3-1 record criteria you are using against LeBron).

So can I say "The Kings are better without Peja?"

If you had a stronger argument, I could say "I don't agree but your points are strong." I might not like it but I have to give props where props are due. But in this case, the argument presented has holes and that's why I am turning this around to show you using this logic, many outlandish statements could be made.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Right now I think the Cavs ARE better without LeBron. LeBron right now is a poor man's Tracy McGrady, hogging the ball and shooting a huge number of shot attempts per game at a mediocre or poor percentage, and leading his team to an awful record. Only difference is, LeBron's percentage is even worse than McGrady's.

The Cavs DID get slightly better by trading all their young potential guys for some veteran role players, so much better that they will go from a 17 win team to a 30 win team. Good job Cavs!

The problem is, these trades are not going to help them be any better than a 30 win team in the future. With a frontcourt of solid players but not superstars, and a decent but not good veteran point guard, you are a bad team.

Even though basing their offense around LeBron makes them a worse team for now, hoping he develops into a Top 5 player is the team's only hope of ever being good again. Because other than him, they have some nice players, but nothing special. Maybe LeBron will get that good, maybe he won't, but the Cavs only hope is to hope that he will. So you are really missing the point here when you make a big deal about bad games from such a young player.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Darius Miles and many others were supposed to get better too. They never did.

I was proven right in almost all of those cases.

I'm still sticking with my story, which is that Lebron will never be a real quality player. He at best may become another Francis, Pierce, Baron Davis, AI, etc........ which may not be horrible, but he is hyped as the next Magic or MJ caliber.

Simply put, no way in hell, he'll ever be close to those guys.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
First off YES, the Cavs are playing better right now then they did with Lebron. But have you ever heard of picking up the slack. Remember a few years back when Vince Carter got injured, and than the rest of the team rallyed and got the Raptors into the playoffs. Than the next year when that happened the Raptors did horrible without him. They just look like they are doing so good because they have the 2nd best bigman in the league!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
WATCH THE CAVS

Basically, some people here have NO credibility. You others know what I'm talking about. There is no use arguing with pure haters and people that dont really pay attention. I watched every game. Calling LeBron a ballhog is insane.

Hey ArtestFan. Why dont you go look up the FG%s of some of the leagues "best" players. Times have changed. Get used to it.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>remy23</b>!
You need an argument based upon sterner facts.

Since your favorite player is Peja, I can use the exact same logic you have used against LeBron.

When watching a Kings game, a graphic was flashed showing the Kings went about (I don't remember exactly) 21-6 without Peja over the years.

In that amount of time, the Kings probably had a 3 or 4 game winning streak (or at least a 2-1 or 3-1 record criteria you are using against LeBron).

So can I say "The Kings are better without Peja?"

If you had a stronger argument, I could say "I don't agree but your points are strong." I might not like it but I have to give props where props are due. But in this case, the argument presented has holes and that's why I am turning this around to show you using this logic, many outlandish statements could be made.
realdeal gets exposed!

Not like it hasnt happened before though. Realdeal seems to get exposed everytime he posts anything.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Darius Miles and many others were supposed to get better too. They never did.

You can not use miles as an example. He was "supposed to get better" time and time again since he got into the league and he hasn't. If thats lebrons fault, then its also the fault of every other player and coach that has had anything to do with him.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
STOP ARGUING WITH HIM. HE IS A HATER. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN SAY WHEN HE MAKES THINGS UP AND REVERSES EVERYTHING TO GET HIS "FACTS"

END THIS NOW. NO MORE POSTS

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No I don't get exposed. It you who don't look at things in their proper context.

Kings win about the same percentage of games without Peja.

But they added Webber and Divac was younger and better during those past years when Peja was out. They wouldn't win anything if you just removed Peja today without adding Webber and making Vlade young again..

Lebron goes out and Cavs are 3- 1 instead of losing twice as many games as they won without him.

There is ahuge difference there.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts