Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 9.1%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Cavaliers are currently 11th in the East, a mere 2 games behind the Knicks in 8th, and in the midst of a 3 game winning streak.

2 games is nothing, with 35 or so games left.

Do you think they will make it or not?

If so, at whose expense?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think the Cavs are going to make the playoffs. I've said this a lot already. Silas is a second half season. They are going to finish the season very strong. Barring injury.

I think NY is going to make it as well though. I think you'll see Boston or Toronto get knocked out by Cleveland.

Most likely Toronto unless Vince gets his act together.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I think they can make it since Wagner is getting back to his old self. He is a huge part of this team and I think of the Cavs future.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I think they will. They continue to improve and they're a pretty deep team now. Jason Kapono doesn't even play at all anymore and he started a few games earlier in the season. They're playing big as a team in the 4th quarter recently. Their fans are almost expecting them to win going into each game. ;)

I want to see them get the 7th seed and face the Pistons in the first round. I think that would be a very competitive series.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
I think they will.

They have an advantage over most eastern conference teams by having a legit center (Z), and a very good back up (Battie). Diop would be a very good back up on most eastern squads for goodness sake.

Boozer is a becoming more and more of a beast.

Eric Williams is a solid vet.

Ira Newble gives great hussle.

Jeff McInnis and Kevin Ollie will take a load off of LeBron's shoulders to allow him to do more scoring and rebounding.

Dajaun Wagner's only gonna get better and better as he gets back into form.

They're deep.

What will all the LeBron haters say when his team reaches the playoffs just like Melo's team?

Can you say "Co-Rookie of the Year"?:yes:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
They now have a bunch of parts that mesh pretty well together. While they could implode at any point, my guess now is that they'll play close to .500 ball for the rest of the season and edge out Boston or Toronto.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Wouldn't it be ironic if the Cavaliers went on to make the playoffs and the Celtics didn't, after that trade they made? I guess that would settle who got the best of that deal. Not that I think it's tough to see already...

Compared to the majority of the East, the Cavaliers are bigger, stronger, and more talented, and now they've become deeper and tougher as a team. Their chemistry is very good recently, and they have a very healthy identity...

They've been playing .500 since the Boston trade and they may even improve on that mark.

If they'd had this team together like it is right now since the start of the season, no question they would be in the playoffs right now... it's just a matter of making up for lost time.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Who are the 4 who voted that LeBron is a bust?

Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard...............:sigh:

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
They're probably not going to answer so I'll just say it for them...

Haters: "He's supposed to be the next Magic or Jordan, but where are all his championship rings and MVP trophies?"

Reasonable people: "He's only a rookie, how is that even possible?"

Haters: "Will that always be his excuse? Get off his jock!"

Reasonable people: "How could that always be his excuse? He'll only be a rookie for one season."

Haters: "Hype hype hypity hype! So there!"

:laugh:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!

Thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard...............:sigh:
TheRealDeal
Jockrider
and two others.

That's my guess.

As far as the Boston thing, I think, Nevus, you have to understand, Danny Ainge made that deal for the future, not the present. Ainge would love to lose into the lottery. And he is obviously stockpiling young talent. Davis, Mihm and Welsch being some prominent examples.

I think it is, and will continue to be, a good deal for both teams, relative to what they are trying to do.

The one thing that would change that is if Kedrick or Ricky blew up and became a top 10-20 player in the league.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
You are right, futuristxen... I see that Ainge is building for the future, but I wonder how much Ricky Davis will ever be worth. And coaching issues are not issues that you want coming up when you are trying to get something out of Ricky.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
How was therealdeal able to vote 4 times for "LeBron's a bust" ?

:D

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Even making the LeBron's a bust choice is wrong. This is obviously a TEAM poll. Maybe JazzMan voted for it. I mean, I see this thread, an it's directed to a decision about the Cavs. And then, out of nowhere, 'who cares lebron's a bust.' It doesnt make any sense at all. On top of mentioning LeBron individually, the choice itself is wrong to any sane person. What are do people want to hate him so much that they say things that are completely wrong. It's like we're in the Manchurian Candidate or something.

The Cavs are a .500 team right now. They may get better than that though, specifically if they get better on the road. Yes, they're only 2 games out, but you have to think that the 8th spot team will end up with a better winning percentage than they have now. Or maybe not, this is a weird season, even for the East.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!Even making the LeBron's a bust choice is wrong.
I agree. While whoever did it might consider it a joke, I disagree and say it's simply poor taste.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

TheRealDeal
Jockrider
and two others.

That's my guess.

As far as the Boston thing, I think, Nevus, you have to understand, Danny Ainge made that deal for the future, not the present. Ainge would love to lose into the lottery. And he is obviously stockpiling young talent. Davis, Mihm and Welsch being some prominent examples.

I think it is, and will continue to be, a good deal for both teams, relative to what they are trying to do.

The one thing that would change that is if Kedrick or Ricky blew up and became a top 10-20 player in the league.
Caron Butler has got to be in there someplace... he is an avowed LeBron hater and Cavs disliker.... especially after last nights victory over the Heat.

I voted yes, but at the beginning of the season, I really did not think they would be in position to fight for a spot. I figured 30-35 wins, which is a great improvement over last year. Who'd of figured that a 35 win season might get you a playoff spot? And out west, a 50 win season might not be enough!!! And I think Boston is in big trouble, and they will fall out of the top 8. that being said, I think the Cavs biggest competition for the 8th spot is the Knicks, and possibly Miami if Wade stays healthly.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
The Cavs seem to have a lot... the "talent" but that includes talented players who play well, lol. Z-Boozer-Diop seems to be enough size, but then there's Eric Williams and Battie for even more. This Lebron guy is something. It'd be nice if they had Stockton, but Lebron/Mcinnis/Ollie/Bremer might suffice. Lebron, Williams, and even Newble for swingmen.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
The Cavaliers have a legitimate shot of making the playoffs. They've been playing better as a team, as of late and the teams they are chasing are not world-beaters.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts