Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i am glad it was on late because people didnt need to be seeing this stinker. you would think with bryant,malone and shaq not playing the cavs may have wanted to go for it. just the opposite, they looked tired and disinterested. lebron james seems a little tired, for a kid out of highschool to be playing so many minutes doesnt make any sense. his mumbers in the 4th quarter seem to indicate he's running out of gas. another thing i noticed is he takes a lot of possesions off defensively.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!
first of all i am glad it was on late because people didnt need to be seeing this stinker. you would think with bryant,malone and shaq not playing the cavs may have wanted to go for it. just the opposite, they looked tired and disinterested. lebron james seems a little tired, for a kid out of highschool to be playing so many minutes doesnt make any sense. his mumbers in the 4th quarter seem to indicate he's running out of gas. another thing i noticed is he takes a lot of possesions off defensively.
Lebron is a young player and he'll have nights like this. He hasn't really developed his jumper yet so I expect more games like the one tonight. He seems to be most effective when he's driving to the hoop. That body of his gives him a leg up on almost any defender. As far as his poor defense is concerned, just be patient. Very few rookies come into the league and dominate defensively, especially kids from HS. That will come as he matures. Kobe Bryant had very little interest in defense as a rookie. He only started to become a good defender in his 3rd year. I expect Lebron to follow a similar path.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Good post Pinball.

LeBron's jumpshot is frustrating. He makes some pretty tough shots, and his shot looks strong when he makes it, and then he'll just clank a few.

He has the potential to be a very strong defender... if he really wants to keep improving and become a great player, I expect he will.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
The frustrating thing is that Lebron had made strides defensively. But tonight he looked as bad as he did in the season opener on defense.

Lebron and the Cavs as a whole stunk up the joint. Magic Johnson said everything that needed to be said about them. This was the first time I've watched them and they just didn't even compete. I can live with the losses where they are competeting and playing hard to the end. But that was not the case tonight. They had bad body language as a team.

And I know in the past I've defended Lebron as a PG. But he can't play point for 82 games. Teams are still pressuring him full court on almost every possession bringing the ball up. And it is killing the kids stamina to put all that effort just in getting the ball past half court. It is a much more efficient use of his energies to just have someone else bring the ball up and then let him run the offense once it's in the halfcourt. It's very similiar to Kobe with the Lakers. There's no reason Lebron can't make the same plays he's making at the 1 at the 3.

So I think the Cavs need to trade Miles and or Z for a legit point guard.

But yeah. I was very disapointed in this game.

We were promised Kobe vs. Lebron.

We got Kareem Rush vs. Lebron. And Kareem did pretty well at times.

Very anti-climactic game.

You know Paul Silas is beyond pissed right now. The Cavs should have won this game. But they just didn't want it.

Props to the Lakers scrubs, btw. They brought it tonight. Even though Kobe went out, guys came out there with something to prove.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Cavs gm needs to figure out who is the problem.

1. Silas
2. Lebron
3. Z
4. Boozer

This team should win 40 in the east.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Correction.

This team should win 40 in the east providing Lebron really is as good as the hype would indicate. The problem is, he's not.
All the nonsense we hear by analysts and comentators on TV is designed to help NBA/ABC/TNT sell us on watching the games. They know all the good things they are saying about Lebron are not true, but they are paid to say it.

There is absolutely nothing he can do well to help his team. He is exactly the same as Ricky Davis production wise.

Cavs need Ilgaukas to take 20+ shots, not Lebron and they need to find a point guard who can run the break and slash through defenses then dish off to Ilgauskas and Boozer for easy baskets. Obviously Lebron can't do any of that. Lebron is lucky Ilgauskas is fairly accurate from 15-20 feet out so he gets credited with those assists even though he creates nothing, just hands the ball off to Z.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
realdeal: Did you watch the game, and if you did, do you still believe that LeBron "can't pass" and doesn't have vision? I thought he made some beautiful passes in that game.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I saw two good passes. One pretty nice one good.

I saw that much from half a dozen other players in the same game, so I don't see what a big deal is. It's just that because of all the hype when Lebron makes a nice pass or a move everybody goes: "woooooooooow!! did you see that " while the same thing from Kareem Rush or Cook draws almost no reaction, it's treated like a lucky move, or a simple: "yeah, that was nice".

The rest of Lebron's performance was laughable.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Cavs:
Top 3 best PF/C combo in the east: Z and Boozer

Top 3 best guards in the east: Lebron, Wagner or Davis before the trade

Now they have great benches.
Something is really wrong!!!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!
Correction.

This team should win 40 in the east providing Lebron really is as good as the hype would indicate. The problem is, he's not.
All the nonsense we hear by analysts and comentators on TV is designed to help NBA/ABC/TNT sell us on watching the games. They know all the good things they are saying about Lebron are not true, but they are paid to say it.

There is absolutely nothing he can do well to help his team. He is exactly the same as Ricky Davis production wise.

Cavs need Ilgaukas to take 20+ shots, not Lebron and they need to find a point guard who can run the break and slash through defenses then dish off to Ilgauskas and Boozer for easy baskets. Obviously Lebron can't do any of that. Lebron is lucky Ilgauskas is fairly accurate from 15-20 feet out so he gets credited with those assists even though he creates nothing, just hands the ball off to Z.
Looks like you read too much of those articles and bought into all the hypes. That's why you're so disappointed.

Take it easy man. Learn to love what LeBron brings to us and the game. Don't try to hate on everything he couldn't do. OK he's no Magic Johnson but can you give him a chance to be a new LeBron James?

·
Registered
490 Posts
wow

Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
Cavs:
Top 3 best PF/C combo in the east: Z and Boozer

Top 3 best guards in the east: Lebron, Wagner or Davis before the trade

Now they have great benches.
Something is really wrong!!!

wow, you are a little optimistic with those ratings. boozer and z *might* be top 3 in the east when they are both playing well. sadly they rarely play well together and also, their games don't really compliment each other well. boozer is undersized and z cannot move on defense.

there's no way you can say the cavs backcourt is top 3 in the east. it's pretty terrible right now. wagner is like 1 for 100 since returning last week. he nor lebron can play any defense. wagner is tiny, smaller than most point guards. he's allen iverson without the hustle plays shooting 20%. that's not good. ollie and bremer are practically useless off the bench. and that's it. 4 deep. 2 journeymen, 1 one-dimensional player, and 1 amazing 19 year old trying to lead them. that does not make a good backcourt.

the bench is far from great. maybe they look good in fantasy leagues, and i like some of the parts, but c'mon -- ollie, bremer, kapano, battie, newble, diop, and kedrick brown is not a great bench.

bottom line is this is basically the same team that won 17 games last year, but with lebron now in the role (with permission) that ricky davis stole last year and a few celtics bench players. they should win about 10 more than 17 this year, and i think they will. then it's time to attract the 2nd main piece to the title run.

all's okay in cavs land. maybe not best case scenario, but far from the worst case scenario. patience, grasshopper, patience. this is the 1985 bulls we are talking about here.

raz .::. http://wfnk.com

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
great response, DJraz. Which east team has better PF/C combo than Cavs? Which east team has better backcourt than Cavs with Davis?

Which east team has better benches than cavs now?

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
talen wise they are strong
but i think silas needs to be fired
they need a different coach

doc rivers
rick barry
or trade silas for e.jordan(lol)

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
last night silas said players can't rebound(54 vs 58). It was players' problem??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts