Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Cavs' Newble out another 4-6 weeks

November 11, 2005

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cavaliers forward Ira Newble, who has yet to play this season because of a foot injury, will be sidelined for another four to six weeks.

Newble has had plantar fasciitis in his right foot since training camp.

On Friday, the 29-year-old player received high energy shockwave treatment on the foot in Pittsburgh, the Cavaliers said. The procedure was performed by Edward Snell, the Pirates' team doctor.

Newble made 69 starts for Cleveland last season. Regarded as one of the team's top defenders, he averaged 5.9 points and 3.0 rebounds.

The Cavaliers signed Newble as a free agent in 2003.
First thing first, I wish Newble well. A lot of players have been getting hurt in this young season and I hope everybody can make it back to speed. That said, Sasha and Luke will continue to hold down the fort in Newble's absence. If I were Luke or Aleksandar, I would strike now while the iron's hot. If they can continue to play well in the time Newble is out, that will all but eliminate Newble from the rotation. Ira hasn't been able to play or practice yet with our new team, nor learn the new sets. He's getting further and further behind.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Looks like the Newble era is over in Cleveland. While I think the Cavs will better off with other players getting his minutes, he's worked hard so I hope he can overcome this. Plantar fasciitis hurts like hell

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
This will plauge him for a while unfortunately. Though the Cavs have it covered at this point so there's nothing much to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts