Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a big game when the new cavs will play and the old ones will too but i think that the cavs can steal this game because they only have to contain Iverson

Injury update-Lebron still out

Projected Starting lineup

Jeff McInnis
Dajuan Wagner
Ira Newble
Carlos Boozer
Tony Battie

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Philadelphia at Cleveland
4:30 pm PT, 7:30 pm EST

Tonight the Cavaliers play their 3rd game of the 5-game homestand. The Sixers come into town and it should be a good game.

Preview from nba.com

Notes:

Boozer has continued his solid play, really improving as a player who was seen as being “solid” to a good player capable of carrying a team as the top man.

Wagner is coming off his best game of this season and has always traditionally played Iverson well (considering they are friends, it is a pride match of sorts). While I know Dajuan will relish the challenge, I hope he doesn’t get too caught up in the duel. Not saying Dajuan has lost his head in a duel with Allen in the past but I am hoping Dajuan doesn’t start tonight. But I do want him to keep being aggressive and his jumpshot is looking better (his legs are returning).

Allen Iverson has a had a few rough games lately. But if he turns it around tonight, the duo of Big Dog and AI will put points on the board in a hurry. Let’s hope the Cavaliers can contain one to compete and try to win the game. Trying to control the damage the two-headed monster dishes out is vital.

The Sixers lost Coleman last game due to a broken pinky finger and he will be out for 6 weeks. His injury is most unfortunate but if the Cavaliers are smart, they will attack the boards extra hard in light of this.

Projected starting crew of the Cavaliers:

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
BrandinKnightFan3> It seems you were right in that Wagner might start. I'll edit out the picture line-up come game time, if he does indeed start. I suppose with a backcourt of Iverson/Snow, you could match up McInnis/Wagner to them and not be at a height disadvantage. So both starting backcourts will use small ball. And since Wagner has only started one game this season, I thought Brown would start tonight. We'll see come game time.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Halftime

Cavs - 55
Sixers - 39

High Men:

Cavs - Williams (14), Wagner (10)
Sixers - Iverson (9), Robinson (9)

Having Jeff out there is making a big difference. He is attacking the Sixer defense by bringing the ball down aggressively and with speed. The Sixers are not shooting well (Iverson) but may pick it up in the second half. McKie had a few moments when he hit back-to-back jumpers in one-on-one situations and for a second, I was getting worried (for fear of him getting off). Boozer is solid like always and had 2 massive dunks that nearly tore the rim off (a tip dunk and a normal one). Wagner is looking aggressive and has one thought in mind: "attack, attack, attack!"

A good half of the Cavaliers overall. But I hope they don't become satisfied with the lead, take the 3rd quarter off and then wake up to suddenly find the Sixers not only back in the game, but also in the game with a chance to win. Keep the pressure up, Cleveland and this game will go well.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Even though lebron is out, he is our gel the guy that pulls the team together and makes them work well. But Wagner he is our scorer this guy will get us the wins!

I have alot of faith in Wags. I dont know why all these cavs fans want to trade him. Or big Z. I think they all contribute in thier own ways, this team has the makings to be very good.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
wats going on, im not watchin the game, but its half way through the 3rd and still wags hasnt touched the ball? Hes havin a good game get him the rock now!

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
wow this team is looking better and better with each trade. I can't wait to see what they look like when Bron gets back. It looks like a competitive team even without him now. Maybe they can be special this year???

Getting Mcginnis already looks like it is paying off.

And I like the idea of Wagner being instant offense off the bench. A huge upgrade of the second unit having him back. And having his shooting at the end of games will certainly help.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The Cavaliers realisticly are a #2 option and maturation of the young guns away from the eastern conference finals.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Cavs - 95
Sixers - 87

High Men:

Cavs - Williams (20), Wagner (17)
Sixers - Iverson (32), Robinson (20)

Boxscore

Iverson came strong in the 3rd quarter like the great player he truly is. He almost willed the Sixers not only back into the game, but also to victory. This was a huge victory because the Cavs showed maturity and the ability not to rattle and self-destruct under pressure. Carlos Boozer hit the boards (15) like a workman all night and McInnis' contributions goes beyond what his stats show. Dajuan is getting back into his old form and he's showing people all he needed was time; time to be healthy and himself once again. Eric Williams had a good offensive night and he had the hot hand early, which helped Cleveland race out to that early lead. It's a great game all-around. But I still want to give respect to the Sixers for showing great courage and never giving up.

It was a good game, folks.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I'm here to celebrate another Cavaliers win 95 to 87. I wish we could play Philladelphia every day. It seems that we play pretty well against them. Thats 3-0 so far this year.

I also agree that the Cavs need at least one more scoring option. Preferably a sweet shooting 3, although Williams did a good job today.

Oh yeah, dang can the Cavs get a call just once. The Sixers were very physical against them but the Cavs couldn't buy a call. Oh well, I guess if they win anyway it doesn't matter.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
They might just have the scoring once Lebron gets back to be in the playoffs this year. They're creeping back towards that 8th seed. And doing it without their best player.

Wagner loooks like he is back. I like having him as instant offense off the bench. Mcginnis looks like the right move.

And while I would like the Cavs to eventually deal Z. I don't think they absolutely have to. I think they can afford to wait for the right deal. He does contribute in his own way and could prove valuable in the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
They might just have the scoring once Lebron gets back to be in the playoffs this year. They're creeping back towards that 8th seed. And doing it without their best player.

Wagner loooks like he is back. I like having him as instant offense off the bench. Mcginnis looks like the right move.

And while I would like the Cavs to eventually deal Z. I don't think they absolutely have to. I think they can afford to wait for the right deal. He does contribute in his own way and could prove valuable in the playoffs.
no no no no no dealin Z :)

by the way my sig has been like this for the past 2 years. 8th seed baby.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts