Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a huge game this could slow down the stomping bucks and inch us closer to the playoff picture:D :D

Thanks To Remy Here is the projected starting line up!

Keyb reserves

I predict Wags will have a big offensive game and that Diop will slam the ball back in the bucks faces!

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Bucks aren't an easy team to beat, they've played really well so far this season.

With big contributions from the big men and Wagner again, Cavs can win this game.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
This is a really big game for the Cavaliers. They've been playing great recently but this will be more challenging than their other recent games. Any victory over an Eastern Conference team in the playoff hunt is like two victories in one.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Milw is like 18-5 at home. Tough, tough game ahead for us. Milw is like Miami, but better... we've got to really attack strong on the inside where we have an advantage. Z, Booz, Diop, Battie all gotta play strong.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
This is going to be one helluva tough game. Of course it goes without saying that they need to win it. But the Bucks have been out of their minds this season.

Another thing against the Cavs is that the game is on ESPN2. Cavs don't perform well under the cameras.(at least it is ESPN2 and not TNT or ABC).

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

Another thing against the Cavs is that the game is on ESPN2. Cavs don't perform well under the cameras.(at least it is ESPN2 and not TNT or ABC).
18-5 at home versus our 4-19 on the road and of course our ESPN2 curse. This is going to be a tough game. Not to mention Gadzuric is a pretty athletic big for Z to match up with (defensively). I like the way our backcourts match up with Ford and Redd against McGinnis and James. Of course the key is to make sure we keep a hand in Redds face. And, hopefully James takes advantage of his size and ability to get into the lane against Redd. Williams should be able to match up fairly well against Mason and I think we're going to have to get Boozer into the offense pretty early to utilize his size and strength advantage against Thomas/Smith although they will be difficult for him to deal with offensively. Overall it ought to be a good tough game.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Preview

This is definitely going to be a challenge. I wonder what Silas' strategy will be for tonight. The Bucks are probably a more potent offense and if the Cavaliers want to get into a run-and-gun contest, things could get ugly fast. I'd rather see Silas make it a half court game. That way the Cavaliers can be physical, bang down low, post up smaller players and control the pace of the game. I certainly don't want to see Cleveland get in a jump shot contest with the Bucks (unless the Bucks come out stone cold).

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
To win this game the Cavs have to keep turnovers low and bang. The strength over just about any team the Cavs play is their ability to be rough and physical. Got to bully the Bucks where they can.

This is a game where the Cavs need Lebron to hit the boards. I want to see Lebron adjust to his new position by getting more boards. There's no real reason he can't get 10 boards.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Looks like the refs want to make this one difficult for the Cavs. Lebron gets fouled going to the hole...and THEY CALL THE FOUL ON HIM!?!?!

Oh well. I think Wagner is going to pick up the slack. I just hope Lebron can stay out of foul trouble in the second half.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Halftime

Cavs - 53
Bucks - 57

High Men:

Cavs - McInnis (9), James (8)
Bucks - Redd (15), Thomas (10)

The closing moments of the half were not good. If that same tempo and momentum swing continue at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, the Cavaliers run the risk of being blown out. Hopefully, James will avoid foul trouble in the second half and the team can keep attacking the basket.

·
Registered
995 Posts
There is this common misconception amoung fans that really really annoys me. People think because he is lebron he is given everything and refs bow down to him. That is so un true I dont even know where to begin. Refs often times mis fouls when his headband is taken off from a blow, tonights game he gets called for a foul away from the ball fighting for position. Then he gets a bs offensive foul when it should have been the other way around that keeps him out of the game. Talk about someone being handed everything its Yao Ming, 2 consecutive all star appearences with both years not being on par with LeBron and LeBron might not even make the team!

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TyGuy</b>!
There is this common misconception amoung fans that really really annoys me. People think because he is lebron he is given everything and refs bow down to him. That is so un true I dont even know where to begin. Refs often times mis fouls when his headband is taken off from a blow, tonights game he gets called for a foul away from the ball fighting for position. Then he gets a bs offensive foul when it should have been the other way around that keeps him out of the game. Talk about someone being handed everything its Yao Ming, 2 consecutive all star appearences with both years not being on par with LeBron and LeBron might not even make the team!
Yep. Refs enjoy putting fouls on the rook.

Damn that offensive foul burns me up. He should have been at the line shooting free throws. That was an amazing display of bad officiating.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
It's all about weathering the storm right now and keeping the game in that 7 point range for the 4th. The Bucks went on a tear and the Cavs responded otherwise this game would be over.

I think Lebron is looking a little tired out there right now. Would like to see Wagner get in here in a bit.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Brown should have been on Redd earlier. That kid is a lockdown defender. Holy moly.
Boston fans have been saying this for a long time, and now that hes got his shot going theres no reason that he shoud be seeing game time behind williams. i mean come on, newble has no long term future here.

5 point bucks lead with 6 to go in the 4th. Come on wags come in and drain a few shots for us.

:gopray:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.