1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleveland (11-24) at Boston (18-19)

7:30 pm EST
----------------

This matchup already has passion due to the players traded on both sides and the Cavaliers' players might get urked by recent quotes from ex-Cavalier Ricky Davis.

Davis bashes his former team

"I'm glad to be out of that black hole,'' Davis said after practice." It's terrible. (There's) no system. The organization is bad, the town (is bad), the GM (is bad), everything (is bad). It is good to be in a winning organization with a system that knows what's going on.''

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Typical Ricky. Not suprised.

I hope this motivates Lebron to take it to Ricky and show why the franchise chose Lebron and not Ricky.

Incidentally, Cleveland has been better than the Celtics the last 10 games.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
If the Celtics win, it certainly won't be because Ricky dunked on anyone.

If the Cavaliers win, it will be because Ricky's playing for the other team and not for them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow..this has been one of the most painful games to watch this season. And no...Ricky...you didn't have much to do with that. The Cavs played like a bunch of slobs tonight. That was sorry... LeBron played like crap, and everyone else played like crap. They need to bounce back big time or they're going to lose all the games on their road swing. It felt like I was watching the OLD Cavs with Ricky on the squad.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 4th quarter was solid by the Celtics who remained active on defense and outrebounded the Cavaliers with sheer effort.

The hole was far too great to climb out of and the Celtics did not slack off any to give hope.

When the score was 73-89, the Cavs failed to convert on two possesions that could have changed the game somewhat. Ilgauskas had a wide open dunk and travelled. The Celtics did not score the next time down and Kapono had a wide open three pointer miss. From a mental standpoint, the Cavs must have lost what little wind was in their sails. They had a chance to get the game within 11, to make the score 78-89 and get momentum. But they failed.

The road woes continue.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
They better pick it up. They've got the Lakers on Monday. National Television.

A disapointing loss to be sure.

Paul Pierce brought his game tonight.

On the plus side, Wagner played some more minutes. Need to get him in the swing of things soon.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the Cavaliers have a shot against the Lakers.

Yes, the Cavs play horrible on the road and yes the Cavs were just murdered tonight by the Celtics. And yes, the Lakers are a better team than the Celtics, which means the Cavs should have an even greater headache Monday night.

But...

I read an article saying Shaq will miss at least 2 more games. At least Cleveland will get the play the Lakers without worrying about the Big Diesel dominating Ilgauskas and intimidating Cavaliers' players from shooting lay ups.

And isn't Malone's injury still bothering him? If so, the Cavs might have a chance against the Malone-less, Shaq-less Lakers.

But on the other hand, many teams who are injured, while not as consistent as when they are healthy, can often put together one great night based off pride (players stepping their game up).

I know Kobe is going to relish the match up and the fact it will be on national television. He'll go nuts (or try to go nuts).

Should be a good game.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
The Lakers will not have Shaq or Malone for that game. I thought the Cavaliers would have a good chance, too, until last night... when the Cavaliers played a pretty bad game and the Lakers beat the Hawks by 46. The Cavaliers are better than the Hawks, but how much better?

I just hope LeBron plays well. It's been a while since he's had a really strong game. That would be a good occasion to bring it.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think the Celtics game was the first game this year where the Cavs got blown out. They usually compete with teams. But not against the Celtics.

I would think the embarrassment of it all should spur some proffessional pride against the Lakers.

I think Lebron will come out angry. He won't let that happen again.

I think also we are in a transitional phase trying to get Wagner up to speed in the offense.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I'd like LeBron to get angry. I've been a bit disappointed in him recently. He has those higher gears he can go to. But in the last few games, he hasn't used them at all.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
It is getting around the rookie hitting the wall time of year.

Bosh is starting to break down. Hinrich is looking tired. Melo had some bad games last week and has had a toe injury already.

Wade is injured till possibly february...

Will Lebron hit the wall? Is he hitting the wall, or just struggling?

I too would like to see him get angry. I've seen glimpses of those higher gears he can get into where he won't allow the team to lose. I want to see that for longer.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For what it's worth, I think LeBron will try to play the Lakers with a cool head. Because if LeBron goes all out, he might be playing into Kobe Bryant's hands, who loves to get into duels with opposing players. I'd rather see LeBron be aggressive with his scoring, yet still keep the other players involved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts