1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Miami (19-26) at Cleveland (16-28)
4:00 pm PT, 7:00 pm ET

Preview

The Heat expect to have Wade return for tonight’s game. If he does return, the question will be whether or not his shot is off (he injured his wrist). The Cavaliers need to attack the glass and try to dominate the boards. This game pits two teams who are trying to make runs at the playoffs. It’s vital Cleveland wins tonight.

Notes:

Tonight the Cavaliers will play their second game with LeBron back. Hopefully, he will shake off any rust and get back to his old self. The team is starting to gel and for the first time in a long while, the Cavaliers are talking about the playoffs. There is a new sense of pride now as in the past, the team played hard to avoid being embarassed and try to steal a win. Now Cleveland believes they can win everytime they step out on the court and want to make a push for the playoffs. Let’s hope they stay focused. Winning at home is not a problem. Since the trade, the Cavaliers have looked sharp at home. The new test will be winning on the road after this homestand ends after tonight’s game.

Projected starters:

Key Reserves:

*Carlos Boozer will miss tonight's game*

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Another must win. This is a team the Cavs have to pass to get into the playoffs. Both teams are going to play hard tonight, I think. They both need this game. Cavs need it just a little more.

Lebron needs to bring it.

But so do his teammates. They need to maintain the level they've had with Lebron out.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battie... it will be interesting. In his time off, Diop has been getting more time and for Battie's first game back, I reckon Diop may have greater priority getting minutes. But we'll see tonight what happens.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
heat look like their paying some good basketball as of late. Theyve beaten some good teams. I think they will challenge the cavs bigtime, if not even win this ball game.

Hopefully Lebron can show us some of his post game and get Eddie, odom or Caron into foul trouble. Eddie jones could cause some problems for Wagner just with his size and quickness. Im hoping they put someone else on Wags.

One let down is they have no one to guard big Z. Thats why hes such a valuable member of this team. With teams like the heat, who have many great forwards and guards, but no decent centers, big Z can really exploit them. Look for him to be agressive.

Im hoping the cavs win this one, but with boozer comming late, i predict heat 108, cavs 96.

i'd rather see it the other way around :D

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Halftime

Cavs - 48
Heat - 49

High Men:

Cavs - Ilgauskas (14), James (12)
Heat - Wade (9), Jones (8)

The Cavaliers did well when they punished the Heat interior. For the second half, Coach Silas should demand the first few possessions go through the post. It was strange seeing Cleveland go away from what was working so well. The second half should be more all out. Parts of the game were fast, then would slow to a crawl. Silas must tell his team an inconsistent game flow is not ideal because it it easy to zone out of such games. James looks good and Big Z is playing well to boot. Cleveland usually picks things up in the second half, so let's go Cavs!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
hahah cool Z is killin them. 100 is very reachable, 49 at the half. i guess 108 is askin bit too much. LOL

i predicted the game to have little to no defense. Good stuff cavs they are right there. Hopefully they can close it out in the late 3rd or early 4th.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I'm surprised that Kedrick isn't getting any run... this is the sort of game I'd think he'd be getting minutes. He's one of, if not the, best perimeter defenders. See if he can slow down Wade, since nobody else has!

Clev needs to be more patient and work the ball into Z, at least til they start doubling Z everytime.

Also, we are very lucky that we didn't loose LeBron for the season when Odom fell backwards against LeBron's knee. If LeBron was less sturdy, that could've been seriously ugly.

Wagner needs to pass some when he has broken down his man. The weakside defenders have to help out, leaving that Cav open.

This game is such an indicator of how important Boozer is to our intensity and rebounding. He makes a big difference not being here (and it is ok if he isn't... even for the whole game, even if we lose. Some things are more important IMO. But him not being here is very evident.)

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
what happened to Boozer, is he injured? Miami plays good defense and the Cavs don't. Thats why the heat will win with a point total under 100. It'll be close because Brian Grant isn't playing, so Z will get a lot of easy shots.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b><< SkipToMyLou >></b>!
what happened to Boozer, is he injured? Miami plays good defense and the Cavs don't. Thats why the heat will win with a point total under 100. It'll be close because Brian Grant isn't playing, so Z will get a lot of easy shots.
um im taking a wild guess here, but didnt a grandparent of his pass away? so he must be at a funeral or something im guessing.

Man withoug boozer, were gettin out rebounded 22-15. We thrive on our 2nd chance opportunities, untill we get our outside stroke goin down.

Wagner has 3 fouls, damn. We really need his scoring.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
man i dont like lebron at 2guard, is he playing really passively or somethig? Hit the boards lebron thats why Silas put u there!!!!

Also why not try battie at the 4 spot while playing zone. Miami's shootes arent that great, as long as we cover jones.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
I think Dwyane Wade is better than James. But Lebron gets all the attention. The ROY award is gonna come down to Carmelo, Wade and James. Its gonna help if Wade's team makes the playoffs and James' Cavs dont.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
man we're getting killed out there, without boozer. is he playing today?

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Brian Grant is more valuable to the Miami Heat than Carlos Boozer is for the Cavs. The cavs still have Ilgauskas, Diop and Battie as their big men. The heat only have Haslem who is 6'8'' i think. These two teams are gonna play in some big games in the future tho.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
its only a 9 pt game..its not over yet

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
they are only 9 points up in the 4th. Hot teams usually go cold in the 4th. Bloody wagner what are u doing, get ur head on straight wags!!!!

turnover and foul in 30 seconds! ark. Just shoot dont pass keep shooting foo!

Boy cavs games can get soooo fustrating. And james Get ur head outta ur ***!!!! And play some god damn defense and rebound!!!!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
sik wagner hit one!! finally after a drought. comone hopefully we can get hot from here. Come on big Z please dont lose it in the post pass out pass out!

dammit! hold on to rebounds guys!!

YES!!!!! 3 point game folks!! we're still in it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts