Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sacramento (29-10) at Cleveland (14-27)
4:00 pm PT, 7:00 pm EST

Tonight the Cavaliers will start the second game of their 5-game homestand. The Big Z will return from suspension for this game but LeBron will probably sit it out. The Kings have a ton of firepower and while the Cavs were able to defeat the Sonics, I fear the Kings’ firepower a little bit more. Even with the Big Z back, trying to get into a scoring match with the Kings would be brutal. Even if LeBron were able to play, the Cavaliers would still need to find a way to slow the game down and play solid in the half court. Brad Miller and Carlos Boozer should be the match up to keep an eye on.

Notes:

1) With the recent trade, the Cavaliers have shaken up things again. Chemistry may be tampered with the next few games but hopefully things gel together quickly.

2) Wagner’s jumpshot still seems streaky but he is making his foul shots and his floater has returned. If he could attack and then dish, he could catch a lot of people off guard because the assumption is he will always shoot when close, which could lead to nice passes to open teammates.

--------

Projected starting crew of the Cavaliers:

--------

*The starting center position possibly could be Ilgauskas but Battie played well in Ilgauskas’ absence and Silas may not make him the starter his first game back*

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think that if booze has a big game that the cavs might be able to squeak it out if not come close to beating them.

honest opinion!

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LeBron will miss tonight's game. Hopefully Boozer and company can step it up.

nba.com Preview

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Halftime

Cavs - 41
Kings - 41

High Men:

Cavs - Williams (11)
Kings - Peja (10)

This game has a back and forth type of vibe to it. I hope the Cavaliers continue to attack the glass, that way, even if they struggle with their shooting, they will have a chance to win the game.

I have a feeling the Kings are zoning in and out of the game. Therefore, I expect them to pick it up in the second half. Let's hope the Cavaliers continue to compete and match the Kings' intensity.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I wanna see Boozer get 30, 20 again.

He's been playing well.

I am kind of just waiting for the Kings to go on a big run and blow the game open though.

But I like how the Cavs are competing. Smart gameplan.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cavs - 89
Kings - 95

Boxscore

High Men:

Cavs - Wagner (20)
Kings - Peja (37)

Brad Miller getting that offensive rebound from Divac's missed free-throw and getting the and-one play settled the game. I'm happy the Cavaliers competed and had a chance to win but I'm sad at how they lost with victory nearly in their grasp.

Even though the game was over, I didn't like Williams' shot towards the end. He is normally consistent but there were other times I questioned his shot selection. But it's no biggie.

Wagner returned and hopefully, he stays that way. And Boozer was solid like always.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
They competed, they played good basketball for the most part. They look like a real basketball team, a major improvement over the traveling circus they were when Ricky and Darius Miles were their featured guys.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
They competed, they played good basketball for the most part. They look like a real basketball team, a major improvement over the traveling circus they were when Ricky and Darius Miles were their featured guys.
yeah. That game is another piece of evidence against the Ricky Davis led days.

You had a team without Lebron out there playing hard, smart basketball.

The thing is, the Cavs seem so deep at just about every position that it seems like it's a chore for Silas to find playing time for everyone. So when they get in they are hungry. Because they know if they play well(Defense and Rebounding) then Silas will reward them.

I mean. Even Z. If Z takes some plays off on defense. No problem. Silas brings in Battie or Diop. Got problems with Eric Williams not Ding up on Peja? Bring in Ira Newble.

It's really interesting to watch this team take form. It's astounding what a good coach and a superstar will do for a franchise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts