Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center>New Jersey at Cleveland (20-32)
4:00 pm PT, 7:00 pm ET

vs.
</center>

Preview

The Cavaliers ended their 3-game skid by beating the Celtics but the Nets are in town and ready to square off. Luckily for Cleveland, meeting the Nets at home is a much better scenario than playing in New Jersey. With the fastbreak style of the Nets, any and every lapse in defense (especially transition) will absolutely kill Cleveland. As a fan, I hate to say it but Cleveland often has those moments on defense where they fall asleep. For a New Jersey team that at one point in the season was struggling, lately they’ve been nothing short of awesome. Cleveland needs to elevate their game big time in order to win. The one edge Cleveland will have is that New Jersey just played Detroit last night at home. Some teams play well in back-to-back games and others play poorly. A team like the Nets is business all the time. So there’s little chance they’ll be caught sleeping but for the sake of hope, maybe they’ll think the Cavs are a pushover. You never know.

<center>

Major storyline

The Kidd vs. The King

Jason: The Nets’ ring leader will be looking to run the Cavaliers out of their own gym!

LeBron: With a strained calf and all, LeBron needs to muster it up for a last game before All-Star weekend!

Projected starters:

Key Reserves:

</center>

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Haltime

Cavs - 40

Ilgauskas - 11 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists
Boozer: 6 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist

Nets - 40

Kidd: 10 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists
Martin: 9 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
Jefferson: 9 points, 1 rebounds, 2 assists

----

The game started out well and Cleveland got an early lead. But sure and slowly, the Nets only only tied the game, they took the lead at one point and things seemed bleak for a moment. The Cavs fought back and it was neck and neck from then on out. I fear when Cleveland gets leads, they always lose them (I hate to say that). The big men have been giving Cleveland a chance. To win this game, the Cavs need to keep hitting the boards and outrebounding the Nets.

·
Registered
502 Posts
tied 40-40 at halftime

The Cavaliers are playing good defense, and hitting the boards. They are still standing and watching on offense. They need to cut hard to the basket more. Force N.J. to foul them....

·
Registered
502 Posts
E-WILL came to Play!
What about the rest of the Cavaliers?? Wake up Guys. Follow Williams' lead.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boxscore

Cavs - 85

Williams: 14 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist
Ilgauskas: 13 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists
Wagner: 11 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist

Nets - 105

Kittles: 27 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists
Martin: 21 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists
Jefferson: 17 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists

----

The 3rd quarter was hard to watch. It was brutal. Against the zone, the Cavaliers were not making jumpshots and the long rebounds were collected by the Nets, which ignited fast break after fast break. I'm sure Silas is going to have some brutal practices lined up for the crew.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If LeBron was truly hurting, he had an excuse for why he was half a step slow. But the others don't have an excuse.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
The score by quarter looked alot like the last time these two teams played. Cavs got blown out by 20 in the second half.

Was LeBron injured, I was wondering why he only played 29 minutes today?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought Bron was in discomfort but not all out pain. Som people who went to the game said LeBron was in actual pain, something I didn't know from merely watching it. Combine that and an off-night and Bron had less minutes than normal.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
well...that wasn't the result they needed...good god.

That's why these games right before the all-star break suck. I think the Cavs left for break a day early.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts